Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: An alternative idea

An alternative idea 05 Nov 2012 02:04 #39460

• magic4u
  • Fresh Boarder
If small movie theaters are having so much trouble either with equipment or content would they be interested in an alternative idea? . . . let me explain.

I am an entertainer and I just spent a year putting a new show together and polishing it so it is ready for the public. The show is called The Curiosity Shoppe and it a theatrical magic show aimed at the corporate market. It is not a childrens show though it is suitable for a Family Audience but the humor is too subtle for a small child and thus we do not invite children.

The idea is for the theaters to put together a program such as teaming with a catering operation in town, booking my magic show www.oldcy.com and go after the corporate business that is currently going somewhere else in your town. Or . . . putting two shows together one for the kids and one for the parents and featuring those in your theater. I have friends all over the country that will travel a reasonable circuit if they can make money.

I personally love the smaller town audiences but have not been able to find a consistantly productive way to book them so it works for them and works for me. For several years I drove from Kansas City to Hollywood to work at the Magic Castle and on the way back I would stop in New Mexico and Arizona and do a do a series of shows for various organizations. Because there were multiple shows I was able to lower my pricing and make it work for the clients and also make some reasonable money for me.

There is good quality talent out there looking for theaters like yours in which to perform. We just need a way to pull that together and it becomes a win win for all of us.
I'd like to hear your thoughts. www.terryeltonmagic.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction