Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Frequently Asked Questions at BSB Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 20 Mar 2003 10:28 #29682

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
16. OK, so we know the teens are there to socialize and we do one warning then kick out a few "examples" or a row if needed, but how about those gabby adults?? They get SO irate if reminded that others are watching...the kids are at least learning their lessons in manners with us! One time when we were doing film research at an out of town theatre one of our group approached a loud group saying "I'm here to watch this movie. How about you?" Worked like a charm - perhaps the peer pressure angle is it...
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000267.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 20 Mar 2003 10:30 #29683

• dr
  • Administrator
17. We were given free trailers by a outfit.... "think about it" with a thoughtful piece on population and species. People really watched them. Any interest in getting some of them?
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000278.html

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 20 Mar 2003 10:33 #29684

• dr
  • Administrator
18. Large entioned babies in theatres. What are they doing there? I think it's all part of the protective mechanism parents develop centering on their children and that they basically can't tell that what is good for them and the baby: a night out as a family, is bad for everyone else. Babies do not belong in theatres if they make one peep. I know of many bambino that have come to our theatre with no problem. If they cry? They should go. We discourage the babies and don't charge for teeny little kids. We also tell them in a very quiet and friendly voice , "Hi. I'm sorry but your wonderful little baby is disturbing people. Thanks!" What do you do ?
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000286.html

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 20 Mar 2003 10:36 #29685

• dr
  • Administrator
19.I had a couple complain about some kids who lip locked through the entire movie with a lot of lip smacking slobbery noises thrown in. What do you do about this? How much is ok or not?

http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000290.html

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 20 Mar 2003 10:38 #29686

• dr
  • Administrator
20. Did anyone see the DATELINE segmant on TV tonight about movie theatres enforcement of the rating system?
I who usually never watch TV, just happened to arrive home to find my son visiting, and he had the TV on. At a commercial break they had a spot for the upcoming DATELINE show which mentioned that they were airing their investigation into the enforcement of carding for R rated movies. I then had to watch that show! Thank goodness it was on the first segment.

They sent several underage teenagers out to various theatres, first in NY, then in other parts of the country and had them attempt to buy tickets to some of the worst R rated movies. They got in EVERY time. They were refused tickets at a FEW places, but even in those cases they then bought tickets to a non R rated movie, and once inside were able to go to any movie they wanted, never once checked.

Am I the only theatre that enforces the rating system. Of course it's easy for me as I only have one screen. It is one of the reasons that I have virtually no teenage patrons anymore.

This was done as a follow up to a similar story they had done just after Pres. Clinton and NATO announced the tightening of enforcment for R rated films several months ago. Most of the theatres passed the test at that time...but certainly didn't this time!

How do you enforce the rating system, or don't you?
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000063.html

Re: Many of your general theatre operation guestions are answere 24 Mar 2003 12:11 #29687

• dr
  • Administrator
21. Fer cryin' out loud! Luckily I was not present for this. Last night a customer comes out of the ladies room. "There's a bomb threat on the wall." Sure enough... we have a chalkboard and written there... "Theres a bomb in this thertare." That's their bum spelling not mine. All in very nice type. So what a movie place to do? Nothing? We end up calling the cops. And after long consult shut down the movies one by one and run everyone out after the cops take their name/address... just the facts. Now we need a "bomb threat policy". Last year there was (no joke) 37,000 bomb threats in the USA at schools. And how many actual bombs? Zero. So our policy is this. We'll briefly interrupot the show, read a prepared statement, and anyone who wants to leave can get a pass, but the show goes on.

I said to my wife, "We don't have a bomb problem. We have a bomb threat problem. There are no bombs. Anyone who wants to bomb you will just does it. Haven't these people seen any movies?" For instance: did the car bomber in Traffic leave a note? "There's a bomb under this car!"

By the way: The Mexican and Exit Wounds and Down To Earth were playing at the time so when someone said' There's a bomb in this theatre she said, "No! Really!"

What's your bomb policy?

http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000248.html
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction