Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stadium seating

Re: Stadium seating 19 Jul 2006 23:04 #29190

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
On the topic of slanting the screen forward while keeping the floor level and the seats slightly reclined, one must keep in mind that patrons will be drinking sodas and eating popcorn, which would be difficult in a reclining position. Even if the recline angle is only slight, it doesn't take much to pour that filled-to-the-top drink into your lap, and the last thing we need is another venue for drinks & food to be spilled on our floors and seats.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stadium seating 14 Sep 2006 10:16 #29191

• Tom Watkins
  • Senior Boarder
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to chime in anyway.

My dislike for Stadium Seating is simple. When people leave to go to the bathroom or concesssion stand during the movie EVERYONE must exit down towards the screen. All people entering must come in from the front and go up. This mean that you see everyone coming and going during the movie. In a sloped floor, anyone behind you coming and going you never have to see in your line of view. It's distracting to see so much activity of patrons while watching a film. I found my visits to Stadium theaters unpleasant for this reason.
Tom Watkins
Magic Lantern Theater
Bridgton Maine

Re: Stadium seating 18 Oct 2006 11:50 #29192

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I have found that many older people complain about the walking space and the slope in stadium seating. Some say that they feel unsure of themselves and become slightly dizzy. With that said, I wouldn't ever consider stadium seating for a theatre. You need more open space for that kind of set up.That's why they call it Stadium Seating.

Re: Stadium seating 23 Oct 2006 19:58 #29193

• lincoln
  • Fresh Boarder
When the operator of an older theater with sloped floors rebuilds in the same location with stadium seating and other improvements, can he expect higher attendance? If so, what is generally believed to be the expected rate of increase?

Re: Stadium seating 12 Nov 2006 21:36 #29194

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Most stadium theatres have like 4 or 5 rows of regular seating in the front for the seniors.
I have done surveys and they prefer stadium the older people casue of the shrinkage of when you get old and can't see over the 6 foot goon in front. With stadium seeting that takes care of that. Everyone can see well.
I have seen stadium seeting with as few as 200 seats and it makes the theatre look grander.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction