Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design New Theatre what does digital do to the design?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Theatre what does digital do to the design?

Re:New Theatre what does digital do to the design? 18 Nov 2008 13:49 #30375

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Booth of the future is no booth.Unlike others that are in the 35 mm mind set (only)I CANT WAIT FOR DIGITAL .I have been in the bsns since 1982 and see digital as our future. Digital will take us the next 50 years of motion pictures.Times change and so must we or you are left out being bitter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New Theatre what does digital do to the design? 18 Nov 2008 22:33 #30383

• debo
  • Fresh Boarder
Ken Layton wrote:
Wait till you you've got to set up a ladder in the middle of a show and climb up to the "projector" to quiet a screeching fan. All while the customers are yelling at you. Don't forget some smart alek kids can throw half-filled soda pop cups and popcorn tubs up there onto that 'platform'. Then the dried soda attracts flies buzzing through the projected image.

Build a mini-room enclosed floor to ceiling with a locked door and a wall ladder inside? This should address air handling, noise, flies, etc., and you wouldn't even have to suspend it--just put it on a platform. What are some options for checking the sound and picture remotely? I read in one of the threads that someone uses CC cameras to keep an eye on the screens from the concession stand, but that's not good enough quality to check the picture. Having a manager or other employee pop in at the beginning of the film would work, but are there other options?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction