Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Large Drive in theater at marina/ restaurant
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Large Drive in theater at marina/ restaurant

Re: Large Drive in theater at marina/ restaurant 12 Jul 2012 11:50 #38829

• fr378417
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the post Rick. I am definitely rethinking my entire approach to this and my biggest worries were always wind issues, and line of site. Would you mind referencing which theaters attempted the same approach so that I can look into it a bit.

Thanks again,
Francisco
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Large Drive in theater at marina/ restaurant 22 Jul 2012 21:40 #38905

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
There was a "drive-in" which used inflatable screens in Maryland a few years back, they tried 2-3 different venues and eventually gave up.

There was one in Hershey, PA, that is now doing free movies and making their money from concessions and sponsorships, playing movies that are over one year old. Low overhead, but also low revenue.

The one at the Orange County Fairgrounds near LA went belly up after just one season.

None of the above ventures even remotely compares to a real drive-in with a permanently built screen and parking area, which probably has something to do with they they've all failed. Cheap imitations will get you so far.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction