Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 30 Jan 2002 08:13 #28011

Wow. I thought tht Boston Pizza would be a sure bet. A restuarant that no one else used!

DARN!

Thanks for all the replies. Still working on the layout and haven't had time to scan the new building outsides.
Since 1987
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 30 Jan 2002 09:09 #28012

• D. Bird
  • Expert Boarder
Boston could still be available, don't know if AMC is anywhere but Ontario, though I've never seen a small "boutique" BP like Pizza Hut does, usually it's a full restaurant. Pizza Pizza will locate anywhere if you get stuck, in as little as a 10x10ft. corner!

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 02 Feb 2002 11:44 #28013

Pizza Pizza, eh?

Well, I look into that. One of our SilverCity's (Polo Park) just got majorly renovated and had a Burger King added. BK is Coke, but at SilverCity, it's Pepsi.

Does that mean companies have to co-operate with Famous Players?

Enjoy The Show!

Andrew McCrea
Grand Cameo
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 02 Feb 2002 21:29 #28014

The best way to deal with exits is to stager the outside wall to allow a exit at the side of the screen. This usually entails putting the largest screen in the middle with progressavly smaller houses on each side
When planning theatres design for the largest screen image to be the Scope format and with side masking for the 1.85:1 as there is to much quality loss with top movable masking
In some markets it can be so bad that a product could be lost due to a TAP evaluation of the image to a competive theatre

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 02 Feb 2002 23:36 #28015

• D. Bird
  • Expert Boarder
Yes, I imagine that Pepsi has a very strong exclusive deal with Famous. Pop is very important for theatres, Burger King probably had to make the switch. Pop companies are very competitive and want a return on their investment. In a retail environment, I've seen near wrestling matches between reps where one thought the other had invaded their alotted shelf-space.

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 03 Feb 2002 10:28 #28016

FAMOUS PLAYERS was Coke until very recently, weren't they? When I had a private, exclusive tour of the old Capitol theatre (Famous) when I was in the newspapers trying to save it, there were pop-cups all over the place with the Coke logo on them.

What made them switch? Was Cineplex ever Pepsi, as Odeon-Morton, Canadian Odeon, ect.

"I don't want you playing with something that has such bizarre hair. Such awful, awful hair!"
-Marge Simpson, on Bart's toy trolls
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 22 Feb 2002 14:54 #28017

Coming soon:

The new look of The Millennium!

"I don't want you playing with something that has such bizarre hair. Such awful, awful hair!"
-Marge Simpson, on Bart's toy trolls
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 16 Jul 2002 08:12 #28018

Well:

McDonald's, SubWay, KFC Express, PIZZA PIZZA and DQ (Dairy Queen).

I've learned that the FAMOUS restaurants are franchised by FAMOUS PLAYERS.

I'm really stumped on finding a new layout. I really like the layout and think it has potential.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 26 Oct 2002 08:44 #28019

Well, as promised, who knows how long ago, here are the new floor plans:

MAIN FLOOR:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0NAD8F88R6txJAz79GOAM7mpSJTUnP5Mz74qQO6jl4RywHLtPEi0GsivZLMKfWNbRZk*GU36KrE4p10Yi0UXAkw/floor1.bmp

BOOTH AND OFFICE FLOOR:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0MABMGvcQKZdcJwzYyBowu!BZ2L!xSpOCPiz0zeQ3kONl1151ZAn*1KUS2UE8W8Fzp!sF1otQqNhMYXJnZUNvbQ/floor2.bmp

What do you all think? Improvement?

You mentioned that customers must be forced past the concession stand to get to their movie... Well, now they are forced past the CAMEO Cafe Concession stand, and the 5 restaurants. If they are to get through GATE A when its open, the are forced past TECH TOWN and CAMEO Cafe.

Any opinions will be appreciated.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 29 Oct 2002 15:58 #28020

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
Andrew

The plan is coming along. Here are some comments for you.

1. Where are the washrooms? Check the Manitoba Building Code for requirements. Keep in mind they have to be accessible, so they have to be at the lobby level. You may need extra washroom fixtures because of the restaurants.
2. The exits for Cinemas 2 and 3 aren't shown. I don't think there is enough clearance in front of the screen to get the exits out the side wall. Make sure the width of all exits meets Code for the capacity of each cinema.
3. The two stairs to the projection booth have to be located nearer to each end of the booth. They must be separated from each other at least one-half the diagonal dim,ension of the booth.
4. Having Cinemas 6 and 7 back to back with 8 is a problem, as you have to raise the booth for 8 much higher. It might be better to reverse the whole front part so 8 is back to back with 1. This way, the booth can be at a common level.
I think the plan is getting better. We'll make you into a cinema architect yet!

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 01 Nov 2002 19:59 #28021

Lol!

I've been waiting and waiting for you guys to reply, and didn't realize you had!

Oh, and you bet I'll be an architect. It'll only help my company THIS MUCH MORE!!!

Also, from everyone else, do you have critisism? Comments? (ex. Large comments on new flow, etc.)

Do you have megaplex (a la SilverCity) drawing that you could share to give an examples of where to put stairs, staff rooms, offices, etc? Do SilverCity theatres have basements? Where are furnaces, air conditioners, etc. kept? What about MULTIPLEX (the room where the giant carbonator machine sits with all the cylinders or BIBs)?

Thanx!!

[This message has been edited by Andrew McCrea (edited November 01, 2002).]
Since 1987

Re: GRAND CAMEO Millennium Theatre 08 Nov 2002 14:33 #28022

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
Andrew

We don't do any work for Famous Players, but here are a few tips.

If you put staff rooms, office, etc. at the booth level, you may need to provide handicapped access to the booth. Check the Accessibility section of the Manitoba Code. Ditto for public washrooms. Offices and staff rooms should be somewhere out of the way on the main floor. Public washrooms should be conveniently located for people leaving the theatre, and men's and women's should be in the same general area.

Heating and air-conditioning is generally handled by roof-top units; a separate one for each auditorium and one or two more for the lobby and public areas. So, no basement is required for these facilities.

I think I answered most of your queries about the storage requirements in a previous post.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction