Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flooring

Flooring 09 Jun 2014 16:25 #41053

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
We're replacing our seats this fall and looking at what we want to do for our floors.

We have stadium seating with plywood floors, and we'd like to cover the floors with something other than paint/polyurethane. We've looked at laying hardwood, laminate or VCT tile. We've also been curious about laying down garage floor cover. It's supposed to be super durable and it comes in huge rolls that you just cut down and adhere to the floors. When I think of garage floor cover, I think of the kind with the nickel sized raised bumps on it, but I found some that has a different pattern to it.

Have any of you used this in your theaters? Do you have it in your garage at home? What do you think of it?

www.homedepot.com/p/G-Floor-9-ft-x-44-ft...F55LV944MB/203450691
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Flooring 10 Jun 2014 11:02 #41054

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
we have either wood, unpainted, or carpet in our theatres. The wood works fine for us. We are always on it in terms of keeping it clean so no sticky floors here ever. Sounds like you have painted plywood already. There is no reason not to use vinyl on the flat floor section but ... there's the expense... if cost is the desciding factor then I'd go with paint and do a little "treatment" so it did not show every speck of popcorn or chips.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Flooring 19 Jun 2014 08:05 #41075

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I have used both the garage flooring and laminate vinyl wood floors .

I did not use the bump look on the garage floor the design I used is raised lines . The lined floors are great for sloped floors as it stops spills from running . The best price on this floor I got was at Skymall.com when they had a site. Wide 25% off sale . The floor is amazingly durable always looks like its new . The bad side it is a bitch to clean must be done by hand via towels .

The vinyl wood floor (Commercial grade Home Depot) is amazing many styles to choose from and looks very very upscale . Also a bitch to clean by mop because there textured floors .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction