Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design new theatre start up - classic films
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: new theatre start up - classic films

new theatre start up - classic films 23 Oct 2013 19:53 #40372

• reblaney
  • Fresh Boarder
My husband and I are considering opening a small independent theatre. This theatre will show classic/old films only. I was wondering, how do you go about getting rights to show old films, such as old Hitchcock films, old Disney cartoons, old holiday classics, old mobster films... etc etc?
We currently live in a town (southern CA) of about 70k wich just became a city in 2008. Since becoming a city housing has boomed but entertainment hasn't. The closest 1st run theatre is at the mall about 15 miles away but it's a lot of traffic to get there.

Are there any other things to consider when starting a theatre like this (not 1st run). And does anyone know of a roundabout figure of what the startup costs may be?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

new theatre start up - classic films 23 Oct 2013 22:03 #40373

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
As far as being licensed to show films you'd be best off getting a booker to handle all that. I'd recommend Frank Rash at Theatre Booking Service at 402-223-5119. As far as initial expenses are concerned I put together a plan for an 80 seat mini cinema and came up with a figure of $150,000. A lot depends on whether you own the building or have to lease it, the equipment and seats you buy (new or used), your initial concessions cost, film guarantees, insurance, licenses, concessions equipment, POS equipment, etc.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction