Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Digital Projectors - What to do!?!?!?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digital Projectors - What to do!?!?!?

Digital Projectors - What to do!?!?!? 28 Sep 2013 18:55 #40317

• Jordan
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been researching digital projectors and trying to decide what to invest in.

Here's what I have:

(2) small theaters (100 seats each), approx 40ft by 80ft
(2) screens 30ft wide
I am a discount theater showing sub-run movies.

I have been recommended two different projectors and want some input from the group. I am on a budget as always and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Christie Solaria One+ ($35,000 each)
NEC NC900C ($30,000 each)

What do you guys think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Digital Projectors - What to do!?!?!? 28 Sep 2013 20:44 #40318

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I've seen the NEC and it looks good. I haven't seen the Christie but they are a good brand, too. I have four of the NEC1200 and two of the NEC2000 plus one of the NEC1600 (series 1) for my single screen. Just had to replace the lamp power supply on one of the 1200's but it was under warranty (thank goodness, they are about $4K!) but other than that I haven't had any problems.
"What a crazy business"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jordan

Digital Projectors - What to do!?!?!? 28 Sep 2013 21:47 #40319

• Andrew Thomas
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
First question is why are your seat counts so small and why do you think these auditoriums are small?

Using 22" wide seats and assuming ADA compliant 50" aisles on either side, you can fit 17 seats per row. Regular spacing between rows is 42-44" from mounting hole to mounting hole. This means you should easily fit 16-18 rows. You're talking about at least 260 seats per auditorium even after leaving space for wheeler access.

As for your projector situation, you can use the Solaria One/One+ on a 30 foot screen comfortably as long as you use at least a 1.4 gain screen. The NEC starts to look a bit dim at that 30 foot size if you don't have at least a 1.8 gain. If you really want to keep your initial costs down, there is a company doing equipment leases in conjunction with Christie's indie cinema VPF program. Just need to have the equipment installed by the end of the year. The Solaria One's are $6000 down each and $600 a month each. If you are interested, I can get you their contact info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jordan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction