Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design small 3 screen theater idea
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: small 3 screen theater idea

small 3 screen theater idea 14 Mar 2012 16:27 #38045

• sreedy
  • Fresh Boarder
My town has about 5,000 people and 24,000 people in the county with no theater. My idea is to have 3 screens, one room can fit 117 people and 2 rooms can fit 63 people. Initially I want to show movies 12 times from Wednesday thru Saturday.

The lobby area would be about 700 square foot.

Anyone in the business, does this sound good? Are the theaters large enough to handle the crowds?

The closest theater to us is a 35-40 minute drive away North or South. One theater is a 4-plex and one is a 5-plex.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: small 3 screen theater idea 14 Mar 2012 22:46 #38048

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Sounds fine thats a low number for population to support a 3 screen . Will make a little money for a big investment. You must be digital.

Re: small 3 screen theater idea 09 Apr 2012 14:27 #38246

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
It is a marginal enterprise with that population. This must be an owner operated business and cannot succeed unless you are the operator. I would try for a 4th screen even if it had 15 seats. Will you be digital or 35 MM?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: small 3 screen theater idea 09 Apr 2012 17:53 #38248

• JPRM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I have a question for y'all. If you can find an existing property that will work, what's wrong with a one-screen in a town like this? After all, 3 screens = 3 digital projectors, 3 times the studio requirements, etc. Please note that I used the words "existing property."

I'm assuming this would be first-run, which may or may not be the case, but would studios expect an operator to be open 7 days a week when he/she plays something on the break?

I know a lot of folks out there don't like one-screen theaters, and I know why. But...what do y'all say?

Re: small 3 screen theater idea 09 Apr 2012 19:07 #38250

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
JPRM wrote:
I have a question for y'all. If you can find an existing property that will work, what's wrong with a one-screen in a town like this? After all, 3 screens = 3 digital projectors, 3 times the studio requirements, etc. Please note that I used the words "existing property."

I'm assuming this would be first-run, which may or may not be the case, but would studios expect an operator to be open 7 days a week when he/she plays something on the break?

I know a lot of folks out there don't like one-screen theaters, and I know why. But...what do y'all say?

You KNOW I favor a single-screener. I know of one in my state that runs a double first run program. They will run one in the evening then one for a matinee. They then reverse the showings for the next day. I guess that way both pics get a seven day run. I'd suggest he try some of my previously mentioned ideas too which I won't mention again as there is one guy on this site that loves to mock me for those ideas but he can look back at other posts.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: small 3 screen theater idea 06 Sep 2012 05:59 #39113

• Aleslie
  • Fresh Boarder
How much does it cost to run a movie theater?

Vitamin manufacturer
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2012 06:00 by Aleslie.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction