Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "4D"

"4D" 24 Jul 2011 16:40 #36712

• sharynf
  • Fresh Boarder
I have yet to read this website:
www.slashfilm.com/photos-4d-movie-theate...llovision-developed/

Just was checking here to see if it was already being 'discussed'... So, if there's any 'feedback' out there, I'd be interested. What is the concensus? :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "4D" 24 Jul 2011 17:19 #36713

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Here is one that simulates motion in sync with the movie.

www.d-box.com/en/movie-theatre/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharynf

Re: "4D" 25 Jul 2011 19:05 #36723

• sharynf
  • Fresh Boarder
Interesting... good testamonials from 'kids'... so I'm now rethinking my concept of a 'mini-cine' : there could be somekind of individual (soundproof) rooms (from a couple of seats to conference size for reserve 'groups') that would have wall-mount screens (still don't know what would play DVD's) and projectors. This would allow the public to view 'at will'; there would be somekind of 'debit card' reader to enter the room; only it's got to be on a timer so they don't stay in all day. Or something like that..
But I see regular ( large screen) theaters have these seats in a reserve/roped-off area ( ?) I may have to get into see sometime; nearest is 50 miles away and $20!
The problem with the "4D/D-Box" is the price... . ON THE OTHER HAND, I think the public for the most part, just want a nice, comfy chair to collapse into and RELAX (can't beat it on a hot day), plus a good story line and nice visuals and nice sound effects (&popcorn and refreshment, of course).. and you can't top that, and the 'big screens' shouldn't worry about all the other 'hype'...;)

Re: "4D" 13 Dec 2011 10:31 #37622

What is the basic strategy behind "mini-cine"? Why are you taking it as the main concept?

swim fins information
Last Edit: 13 Dec 2011 10:33 by WilliamKale.

Re: "4D" 23 Dec 2011 06:45 #37665

• paulii_2000
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry to be late to this party. This sounds like what Regal Cinemas Funscape had. You would go into a small theatre with a very limited amount of seats and the seats would move as if you were in the movie. I think this is what you guys are talking about right? Either way its another way to get people to theatre and I am all for that.

Re: "4D" 27 Dec 2011 04:52 #37677

4D is basically a Marketing term combining together 3D film with physical effects.

vpn

Re: "4D" 30 Dec 2011 02:36 #37683

• paulii_2000
  • Junior Boarder
Ah ok. I would use the D-Box technology, but not just as 4D. With 3D dying in the next few years, it would be better for non 3D films.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction