Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel

Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 21 Feb 2010 07:42 #33391

• RolandBV
  • Fresh Boarder
I live in the Portland, OR area, and am interested in renovating an existing 700 seat theatre that has been closed for twenty five years. I would like to open a theatre pub and knock out the first few rows for more comfortable seating areas, etc. All the seats need to be replaced and there is no screen. I have been a projectionist for ten years, and I have worked on the Simplex Millenium series projectors. I know most of the maintenance on these machines and would love to get my hands on one for this booth.
The building is $800K, and I am thinking alot of cost for renovations... If anyone can give me ballpark figures on getting a good 35mm setup with a SR-D sound system, I would appreciate it, as well.
Last Edit: 21 Feb 2010 08:20 by RolandBV.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 21 Feb 2010 11:27 #33393

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
If you can install, maintain and operate your own equipment, used gear is available all over the place... theatres, supply houses, even Ebay.

If you can't do everything, you should call American Cinema Equipment, right there in your own town. They can give you prices on new & used, & offer options for installation & service. You should be able to budget your booth fairly easily with a couple of phone calls.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 21 Feb 2010 14:32 #33394

• RolandBV
  • Fresh Boarder
Alright, thanks for the info. I am still a long way from even purchasing the property, but its nice to talk to a few people who know what I would be getting into.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 21 Feb 2010 17:04 #33396

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Roland:

McMenamin's has theatre pubs all over your area and in other parts of Oregon and Washington as well. I don't know if they would be willing to share some info with you but it might be worth a try. And I second the American Cinema Equipment suggestion. I'm in Medford.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Last Edit: 21 Feb 2010 17:05 by revrobor.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 22 Feb 2010 10:06 #33400

• JWJones
  • Fresh Boarder
Why the Mellenium? Just because you're familiar with it? There are other more reliable simplex models available on the used market cheaper that will put out a better picture. I would take a PR 1040, 1050, etc... any day over the mellenium. They are not a "bad" machine there is just better machines available cheaper.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 22 Feb 2010 19:18 #33407

• RolandBV
  • Fresh Boarder
I hear ya on the Milleniums...I just have used them for so long, it would be an easy transition. I have used many different projectors through the years, but I love those Strong projectors!

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 23 Feb 2010 09:48 #33411

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The projection equipment is the last of your worries for a huge single screen theatre closed for over 20 years... There is so much used equipment out there right now, it in all honesty will be one of your cheaper expenses.I would be more concerned with the condition of the HVAC equipment, re-fitting the auditorium for dinner theatre, building and equipping the kitchen, complying with ADA codes and bringing the building up to proper code, just to name a few.
Good Luck with your venture.

Re:Single screen 500 seat renovation remodel 24 Feb 2010 11:28 #33425

• Steve Culp
  • Junior Boarder
Roland
I can give you a ballpark on the construction cost.PM
me with more info such as: square footage, building age
concession,lobby,bathroom status.
Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction