Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Help with small town theater project
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with small town theater project

Help with small town theater project 23 Jan 2010 16:52 #33194

• bp3494
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a green rookie to the movie theater business and I'm starting my research. I am a sucessfull business man that want to open a 300 seat small town movie theater in a church I have. I believe I have a sound business plan but have no knowledge of what I need to create such a theater. I have 300 seats, bathrooms and all the additional space I need. I have City and community support.I would like to open in September 2010.

As you can guess I have major questions. Here are some.

Should I consider a DVD system, I don't even know if that exists?

I have located used equipment from a source but don't think I can move on it until I figure out how to configure the theater?

Should I call a consultant to help with my project? Who?

Should I go the the Show West Trade Show in Vegas in March to learn more?

I figure if I get replies from this it will give me a starting point. Thanks for the help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help with small town theater project 23 Jan 2010 18:16 #33197

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
bp3494 wrote:
I am a green rookie to the movie theater business and I'm starting my research. I am a sucessfull business man that want to open a 300 seat small town movie theater in a church I have. I believe I have a sound business plan but have no knowledge of what I need to create such a theater. I have 300 seats, bathrooms and all the additional space I need. I have City and community support.I would like to open in September 2010.

As you can guess I have major questions. Here are some.

Should I consider a DVD system, I don't even know if that exists?

I have located used equipment from a source but don't think I can move on it until I figure out how to configure the theater?

Should I call a consultant to help with my project? Who?

Should I go the the Show West Trade Show in Vegas in March to learn more?

I figure if I get replies from this it will give me a starting point. Thanks for the help.

Hello bp:

I have owned two small town theatres and one large city theatre and I get excited when I hear about a project such as yours. I'll be happy to act as a consultant for your project (at no cost). I would like to know where you are and would like a sketch of the church. I assume it is no longer being used as a church.

If you use a DVD system you will not get any films until they are released to the general public on DVD.

I assume you have located used film equipment. You need to have it checked by a tech who can recondition it if necessary. Down the road you may want to consider a digital projector as well.

At the trade show you will see the latest in equipment most of which you don't need to get your project up and going.

Please PM or email me and I will continue to advise you.

Bob Allen
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Help with small town theater project 27 Jan 2010 10:42 #33227

• mannif1
  • Fresh Boarder
HEY BP ?
so hows the project going
I am planning of opening up a cinema too in my home town population of around 500,000
would like to know the progress
thanks and take care

Re:Help with small town theater project 27 Jan 2010 10:52 #33228

• bp3494
  • Fresh Boarder
I would love to know how it's going and anything you have decided on. I am afraid my case is greatly different but you have to make the same decisions. My town is 4000. I will only be open on weekends. I have a lot to figure out and decide on.
Nevada

Re:Help with small town theater project 27 Jan 2010 11:05 #33229

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Start with ---emergingpictures.com

great for a small start --up
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction