Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Has anybody heard of universal city production?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Has anybody heard of universal city production?

Has anybody heard of universal city production? 15 Oct 2009 19:59 #32600

• scott2die4
  • Fresh Boarder
I am new to the forum but have learned alot so far I have a question, has anybody heard of universal city production. I seen a ad in the news paper ad said own a movie theater 5,500 down and no payments for 4yrs so I called talked to a guy he said 5,500 down and they take 5% gross of the movies per week. After 4yrs its 1,475/mo. for 360 mo. They had 3 locations in my area which is in the Raleigh,NC. The building are in shopping centers that have empty buildings. I would just like to know what you guys think here is the web site he sent me community-2.webtv.net/markthom/UNIVERSALTHEATRES/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 15 Oct 2009 20:13 #32601

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Boy does that look scary. Is this the multi-plex version of Jerry Lewis Cinemas?

Remember the old saying... If it looks too good to be true, it usually is!

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 15 Oct 2009 20:25 #32602

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Seriously?
First clue should be that he/she is giving you some crappy website. I mean it only cost 5 bucks to get a domain registered. No company adress on the website?
And when you google the (old) number which you are not supposed to call, you find out they have a bunch of Nightclubs for sale , too.
Sorry mate, but if that's no fraud I eat my underwear.
Jay

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 16 Oct 2009 11:05 #32606

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Caveat emptor!1

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 16 Oct 2009 15:44 #32607

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Wow... clipart!

This looks very much like a scam to sell 5 drive-in theatres, something like a year or so back. Matter of fact, some of those pictures look the same.

In the case I recall, these people used projection booth pictures, swiped from operating drive-ins, whos owners had no idea their material was being used.

This guy's also using the same pitch (and busty model) to sell "pet shoppes". Notice the high-budget dog picture, taken in front of a cardboard box.

community-2.webtv.net/markthom/PETSHOPPES/index.html
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2009 15:51 by rodeojack.

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 16 Oct 2009 15:57 #32608

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
It looks very questionable to me. The ad talks about things they have no control over, like what films you play ("first run"?), admission prices and "hype type" which appears directed at theatre customers rather theatre owners. Interesting that they also have no email address.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 16 Oct 2009 16:29 #32609

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This company advertises themselves as a LLC. A quick nationwide corporate filing search returns no registration, in any state... now this wasn't a 100% conclusive test, however, I would be highly suspect and require full disclosure from them before sending anything more than the value of a postage stamp!

community-2.webtv.net/markthom/ is their "Main" website which is free webspace provided to subscribers of webtv. In addition to theatre opportunities and pet stores, they also have a fascination with nearly naked midwestern men.

On the lighter side, the picture of the vet shining a flashlight right through the dogs mouth and it spotlighting out it's anus made for a perfectly humorous close to my day! Have a successful weekend!

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 17 Oct 2009 19:02 #32613

• scott2die4
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for all the feed back. I have choosen not to take the deal.

Re:Has anybody heard of universal city production? 09 Nov 2009 18:08 #32768

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
The link provided above isn't working. They have a web site at www.universalcityproductions.com/. The phone number there is a northern Virginia number.

In Virginia, Corporations, LLC's, etc. are registered with the State Corporation Commission. An LLC search by name turned up their registration. I've attached a screen capture of the registration. HINT: Right click the image and choose View Image in the context menu to see it full size.

Alan G
Last Edit: 09 Nov 2009 18:13 by Alan_G. Reason: Corrected hint.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction