Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Just starting out!!! need lots of advice....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just starting out!!! need lots of advice....

Just starting out!!! need lots of advice.... 15 Mar 2009 19:34 #31184

• NCrawford
  • Fresh Boarder
let me say that I am a 16 yo

Ok. let me start from the begining.......

I was at work when I get a thought.

my friends and I love to make amature movies, and I thought that also many other people might also like this, so i thought that it would be nice to open a community ran amature theatre.

here where I live, the OLT ouachita little theatre is a majour deal, amature actors put on plays, and all proceeds go back into the theatre. I thought that those would be great things to add to my theatre...

buttttt......

then I started thinking that it would be better to open up a second-run theatre or maybe a classic theatre,,, that would be cool.

So i asked my dad... he was skeptical at first, but now he AND my mother both want to help....

We have agree that it would be better to open a first-run theatre, but still play indie and classics.

although there is one theatre where we live, it is kinda old and not as clean as I personally think a cinema should be. also, it doesn't have wheelchair accesable seating or bathrooms, and the projecter is always metlting the film...

now. I should say, I am new to the industry, and was wondering if someone could give me a list of the main things I sould buy. or any advice on loans..... since I am under 18 can I get a loan? i dont think I can by myself. but what if my dad co-signs?
and if he has to get the loan, can he transfer that to me when I turn 18?
(he says that he will help with that kind of stuff till im 18, but then its my burden... he'll help runn it, but it is MY theatre..:woohoo: )

anyways!

thatnks and any advice is welcome!

-Nathan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Just starting out!!! need lots of advice.... 15 Mar 2009 21:01 #31185

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hello Nathan:

Welcome. I believe the first thing you should do is get a job in a theatre and learn about the exhibition field. There is much more to it than I suspect you realize at this time and unless you come from a wealthy family you're not going to be able to do it right now. Don't give up your dream but gather all the knowledge you can.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Just starting out!!! need lots of advice.... 15 Mar 2009 22:35 #31187

• NCrawford
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for you reply! I have done my reserch, and you are right, I might not know all of the technical things, that is why I have posted a request for information on here.... I would get a job at the local theatre, but it is ran by a family... and they work there....

Re:Just starting out!!! need lots of advice.... 16 Mar 2009 02:13 #31191

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
If it's the only theatre within a reasonable distance you might volunteer telling them you want to learn about the business (but don't tell them you want to build a theatre in the same town). But even as a volunteer you need to be dependable. FWIW a few years ago I researched building a single screen theatre from the ground up and came up with a figure of $900,000.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction