Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Ticket booth in or out?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ticket booth in or out?

Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 00:31 #29486

• tmonroe24
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello and Thanks for the wonderful site. I've gone through almost all of the site. I come across a few comments in post about this. My business partner and I disagree on an outside or inside ticket booth. And I was hoping for some input, from those who have been there. Thanks again
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 01:05 #29487

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
inside

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 02:10 #29488

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
It depends on where the theatre is located. If you have mild weather year round outside is fine. Otherwise it needs to be inside.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 07:03 #29489

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If your lobby permits, have it inside. But regardless of your geographical area if you have no room in your lobby for this have it outside. You do not want the clutter of the box office and your concession to create havoc.
I have seen areas that have severe winters have it outside and does not effect there box office.

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 09:03 #29490

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would prefer it inside, but it mainly depends upon the layout of your theatre. One important thing you could do is maximize the use of your employees. What I mean by this is can your box office and concession stand be somewhat connected, so on slow nights the box office person could also very easily double as a concession attendant or easily help in concessions when needed? The first theatre I managed was a single screen, that made great use of this. People entered the front doors, directly to the box office, then proceeded to the concession stand which was along the same wall, so the ticket seller could help in concessions in 2 seconds if needed. In the project I'm working on for myself, my lobby is very small, and figuring out the best use of space for box office and concessions is important, as well as effectively using a minimal amount of employees. One thing you could do is look at what other people have done. Go to cinematour.com they have thousands of theatres listed with thousands of exterior and interior photos. I've gotten a lot of great ideas just by seeing what other people have done, both in my geographic area and out of it.

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 09:07 #29491

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
safety is the main reason for me inside.....But if you have an old theater outside box looks great!

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 08 Dec 2007 14:55 #29492

• tmonroe24
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the replies. I just can't see waiting inline while it's hot, humid, cold, wet, to see a movie. I figure others will feel this was too.

Thanks again

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 10 Dec 2007 19:14 #29493

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
The big question is: do you have plenty of room for either? We have an in and out set up at one/ the window has a sell po inside and out but if it's busy and lines are backing up we just cannot handle it very well as it packs the lobby and nuff said. Our other theatre is only inside and same thing: they back out the door, hopefully!, when it's busy. Most modern theatres, ones with room, have it inside.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 13 Dec 2007 07:19 #29494

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I like inside as well because not only does it add to the atmosphere but it also increases the concession sales.

Re: Ticket booth in or out? 13 Dec 2007 09:10 #29495

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
our little one screen has one station for both tickets and concessions. It seems to work well but you gotta keep the line moving no matter what.
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction