Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Dream Theatre (within reason)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dream Theatre (within reason)

Dream Theatre (within reason) 20 Aug 2007 11:43 #29410

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Have been in the business for 9 mos now.

The theatre (twin) that we are running (we do not own the building) is 25 years old without any major improvements since day one. The largest screen is 25 foot wide and the 2nd room is approx. 20 foot wide.

It also has the old aisle down the middle and a very small booth with not optimum projector angles.

we have looked at buying the shopping center that the theatre sits in and do the improvements that are needed as well as add 3 more screens.

The current owner says he is not interested is selling the property. So now we are looking into building our own building from scratch.

We know we want 6 screens with a seat count of 250, 250, 125, 75, 75, 75.

What screen size would you put in? The 25 foot width screen is a tad small IMO. I went to another theatre last night that had a 28 foot width screen in their largest auditorium. The dimensions of that room were 44 foot width by 60 feet deep. 16 rows by 19 seats. The first row was only 10 foot away, way to close (I know John would be smiling down on me saying that).

I thought that size of screen was still a bit small. How big of screen would go? My thought would be to go with a 36 foot or so screen in the three largest rooms.

What would you do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction