Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs

Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 16 Jul 2007 11:22 #29365

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
For those of you who are fortunate enough to still have the older style marquee and canopies with the hundreds of light bulbs, there is an alternative that could save you big bucks.

This company has direct replacement LED light bulbs that look just like clear incandescent bulbs, but are LED. LED's are cool to the touch, they never burn out, and cost a fraction of the cost to light compared to incandescents and fluorescents. They are more costly up front but would pay for themselves in a couple of years in energy savings. And since they last forever, you won't have to get up on the roof or your tall ladders anymore or have ugly spots where lights are burned out. The light output more closely mimics incandescent than fluorescent too. You can also get them in any color to add a modern twist on an old concept.

Here's a link to their website, but they don't have pictures of these particular bulbs. I've got pics- just e-mail me and I'll send them to you. This is the only company that I've found who has light bulb replacements that actually LOOK like light bulbs AND they are about 1/2 the price of other LED "light bulb replacements" at $12 ea or less in bulk.
www.ledeffects.com

This company is the leader in custom LED displays and they do a lot of work for Vegas and new theater builds. They can also reproduce neon using LED strips.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 17 Jul 2007 00:14 #29366

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Led's never burn out---ha! That's a laugh. As someone who's had to replace LED's in various applications that had burnt out, I can tell you they do crap out.

Re: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 17 Jul 2007 05:39 #29367

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Do they work when it is -20 below outside?

Re: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 17 Jul 2007 10:15 #29368

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
If an LED burned out, it's not the fault of the LED. They are temperature and current sensitive, so the application in which they burned out had over current or temperature problems that caused the LED to burn out. I designed LED retrofits for aircraft cockpit controls for 7 years and never saw one burn out outside of testing.

Yes editor, they survive below -20 deg F.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 17 Jul 2007 15:55 #29369

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I could not find info about these bulbs on the web site.
Do you know exactly where to look on their site?

Re: Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED light bulbs 17 Jul 2007 16:57 #29370

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
The bulbs aren't a normally stocked item, so they don't list them on their website. I just e-mailed pictures to you- maybe that will help. They're not as bright as normal lightbulbs either I just found out, so keep that in mind too.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction