Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Roof

Roof 12 Nov 2006 21:32 #29297

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I was looking at a theatre and it needed major work. The most work was in an old stage area in the rear seprated from the auditoriums.
The rear area whcih was a dressing room has a huge whole in the roof. The theatre roof is fine but they negelcted to fix this one. The roof has a hole maybe 6 x 6 with some leaks around other places but liek I said the other places in the theatre are leak proof. It also has two AC units like 18,000 btu's in each audiorium under the screens instead of a comercail AC/heat unit and to save on heat have to Butane heatres firing away before the features to warm auditoriums.
Is this a sick set up or just my imagination. How much ball park figure would it be to straighten this mess out.
Also the 2 screens are cement slabs. Belive it or not they project well but there cement for god sakes and so high up and small. there is room for regular screens, which is not a major expense.
For the screen what is the height off the ground to start at?
I don't need specifics just some support and belife I can make this work! The price is rite and nice town and beleive it or not the place in all its mess makes money.

Thanks guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Roof 13 Nov 2006 01:31 #29298

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The first priority is getting that roof fixed and fixed properly right NOW! Nothing else will mean anything if those holes and leaks aren't addressed now.

As to the 'cement' screens I'd replace that with regular perforated movie screens, a frame, and masking. Since the existing screens are 'cement', where are the speakers now located and what make/model are they?

It sounds like this place may be worth getting if you can get it fixed properly.

Re: Roof 13 Nov 2006 18:27 #29299

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
The speakers now located at the bottom of the screen. A whole was punched out for the center speaker which is a JBL, and the rest of the theatre has RCA Wall surround sound speakers. The sound system is operated by 2 SMARTS.

Re: Roof 19 Nov 2006 01:38 #29300

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
My roof my roof my roof is on fire we don't need no water let the ............Should i patch or do the roof over> The roof over the theatre is rubber but this section is a mess!

Re: Roof 25 Nov 2006 22:22 #29301

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
whats going on with this theater......

Re: Roof 26 Nov 2006 01:25 #29302

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
I am talking to the owners and there either going to reduce the price 30,000 or make the repairs.
They said they will get to me after the holidays cause if they do the repairs they need to shut down for a few weeks and they want to wait until the slow season ......January!
I have a reputable theater Distributor that are giving me quotes and I have a friend in the construction business in the town looking at it also!

Re: Roof 26 Nov 2006 10:01 #29303

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
sounds like your getting closer

Re: Roof 26 Nov 2006 21:53 #29304

• Jacker
  • Fresh Boarder
Tough the theatre is 5 hours away from me so have to travel everytime to look at see whats going on.
I have a freind who is a local but wish I was closer. Will relocate when things are a go!
That roof though is the big problem! I think that and the Marque is going to be my biggest expense. Woudl it be easier to refurbish the marque or start from scratch. It is the old sticking out type and not flush to the building! Would like to keep that type casue this way people have somewere to stand when it rains or snows!

Re: Roof 26 Nov 2006 23:14 #29305

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
i think your going to beat me to a theater!

Re: Roof 26 Nov 2006 23:34 #29306

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think that and the Marque is going to be my biggest expense. Woudl it be easier to refurbish the marque or start from scratch.

Probably depends on what you have to work with now.

Some of those old marquees were made with a lot of sheet metal and angle iron. Others were made of wood.

You could have a rust problem, and a lot of metal to fabricate... or a rot problem, and a bunch of carpentry to deal with.

If it's backlit plastic, you probably need a sign company to take a look at it. For that matter, having a pro look any design over would give you some idea what you're dealing with, whether you decide to fix it yourself or not.

Re: Roof 08 Apr 2007 22:48 #29307

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
Still working the bank has okayed a loan and SBA has come in. The chamber is granting me loans to redo some things.
Now I am awaiting financials. The owner has all his financials on Loose leef papers they need actual Tax returns for the last 3 years.
This is all that is holding me up in order to get the ball rolling and get a sales agreement with my attorney and to have him sign off and me sign on..
Giving up on this and the nonsense!

[This message has been edited by jacker5 (edited April 09, 2007).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction