Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Independant footrests
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Independant footrests

Independant footrests 04 Jan 2007 20:29 #29224

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
I recently visited a theater which had stadium seating with a metal handrail behind the front row. It's only natural to use this handrail as a footrest when seated in the row behind it. However, since the handrail posts were embedded into the cement floor as opposed to being attached to the seats, even kicking the rail wouldn't produce enough vibration for those seated in front of us to notice (not that I tried it). So how about doing this for each row on purpose? We're constantly being reminded to keep our feet off the seats in front of us for obvious reasons, but why not create simple footrests, which if at the right height as to not block your view, would double as handrails? It would eat up about 3-4" of leg space, but since your feet can be propped up, the difference should be irrelevant. Has anyone thought of this, or seen it in practice, or can see holes in my theory?

"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction