Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket?

do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket? 08 Nov 2006 12:23 #29195

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We do not have a read out that shows sales to our customers. Do you feel it is essential?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket? 08 Nov 2006 14:43 #29196

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
One reason ours were put in the concession a long time ago was so that the manager or owner standing in the lobby can keep check on the sales people. You see the product on the count and can see the product get rung up or at least the total and have some idea if the person behind the stand is giving product to friends.

I put one in the boxoffice so that the customer could see 'Adult' or 'Senior' being rung up. That way if they wanted a different ticket class they had their chance to ask. I am not sure if it has reduced corrections but I think it has.

Re: do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket? 14 Nov 2006 05:36 #29197

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We had a 2-line readout at our indoor boxoffice. It didn't really give the customer much more than the final amount, but maybe that was enough. At least you didn't have to repeat yourself if the customer forgot.

At our drive-in, we don't have them, and I'm not sure they'd be much value in a fast-paced line.

As for concessions... in the end, simple displays are only going to give you totals anyway. That might be a crutch for customer and cashier alike... one less opportunity for personal communication.

In my experience, I'm not convinced it matters one way or the other... adding them here would be pretty low on my priority list. Your experience may differ!

Re: do you have a digital read out at concession and ticket? 14 Nov 2006 19:55 #29198

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We have a pole display readout for all our stations (box and concession terminals). Customers love it. Some times, for unknown reasons, it freezes up. Then you have to unplug the display and reboot the pc. Keeps your staff honest, as the customer views what is being totaled.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction