Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Information Technology

Information Technology 26 Sep 2006 00:56 #29122

• jegan
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear All,

Can anyone share with me the budgetting for IT in cinema business. For example, for 9 screen, 7 box office, 10 concession how much will be cost for IT? Or what is the thumbrule calcuate the IT budget for Cinema.

Thank you in advance.

JS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Information Technology 29 Sep 2006 14:09 #29123

• Big Guy
  • Expert Boarder
9 screens and 7 box terminals? 10 Concessions?? Am I out of touch with new theaters, or is that a lot of selling stations for a realtively small theater?

We (an 8 screen) have 3 b.o. terminals (only use 2) and 5 concessions terminals (normally only run 3 when it's busy). The 14 screen in town has 4 b.o. and about 8 concessions, and I have never seen it fully staffed.

Re: Information Technology 30 Sep 2006 00:18 #29124

• jegan
  • Fresh Boarder
Got it..so you mean to say we are over scaled. Again my same question, how much you spend on IT for your cinema. Also, Do we really need to place CCTV in the auditoriums??

Thanks in advance

Re: Information Technology 01 Oct 2006 00:32 #29125

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Again my same question, how much you spend on IT for your cinema. Also, Do we really need to place CCTV in the auditoriums??

A small computer, touch screen, thermal printer and credit card wedge will run you in the $1,000 to $1,200 range. I had my computers built locally and bought the other components from an online computer store. You can also look into integrated computer/monitor packages. I wired my own network, so saved money there.

Figure in your network wiring and router... possibly a broadband modem for internet connectivity and credit card processing.

You'll need to evaluate which way to go on POS software. Some software is sold outright, but carries a charge for any support or upgrades you might need. Other software is literally free, but requires an annual license for each terminal that actually sells something (RTS). The advantage to that route is that the software is upgraded regularly and support is easy to get ahold of.

Do you need CCTV in the auditorium? Of course not. You don't have to put CCTV anywhere... and many theatres don't. However, others choose to sell advertising, or use the equipment for video game rentals and the like. This is a personal and economic choice. Whether the choice you make is right for you depends on how you approach it and how your local client base reacts to your programming decisions.

I would agree though, that your number of terminals seems high, based on your screen count. You don't need any more boxoffice terminals than is necessary to get the crowd in for the next couple of screen changes or so. It's probably not worth gearing up for the moment where all shows start at once... since that's unlikely to happen.

We have 4 concession terminals for our 3 screens, but that's only because all of our shows DO start at the same time (dusk). Staggered start times spread out the crowd and make things easier on everybody... not to mention not having to have enough counter staff onhand to serve everyone at the same time.

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited October 01, 2006).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction