Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Stadium Seating questions
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stadium Seating questions

Stadium Seating questions 27 Jan 2005 16:17 #28920

Which method of building is cheaper? Stadium construction with the foam blocks covered with concrete (no space underneath available for use) or having it platform type with the area underneath available to build a bathroom or other storage?

I've been told that the foam block method is cheaper but I want your opinion.

Thanks

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stadium Seating questions 10 Sep 2005 09:56 #28921

Hey Tom,

Long time no talk.

I don't know which one's cheaper. I'd assume the foam block type one.

Try this website: http://www.sseseating.com/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of having stadium seating so that you can utilize double space? You can put a new staff room, a mini satelite concession, janitor closet, etc. under those areas.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987

Re: Stadium Seating questions 10 Sep 2005 23:34 #28922

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Quote:[Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of having stadium seating so that you can utilize double space?]

No, that's not the purpose, but it is a benefit. The purpose is to offer a better viewing experience.

Re: Stadium Seating questions 11 Sep 2005 12:00 #28923

Thanks Roxy, but I'm sure that the "better viewing experience" is just a benefit of utilizing more space.

From what I've gathered, and have been told by friends, our multiplexes in Canada are different.

[This message has been edited by Andrew McCrea (edited September 11, 2005).]
Since 1987

Re: Stadium Seating questions 19 Sep 2005 12:53 #28924

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Well it has become the fashion to have the stadiums. Even in small towns you hear it all the time "why don’t' you make it stadium seating". I don’t know that it will add to the bottom line but make the customers coming. I just can’t figure out how to pay for it. The viewing is better but the risk is that someone falls and sues your pants off of you.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: Stadium Seating questions 19 Sep 2005 22:02 #28925

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
And you also have to consider handicap accessability. Wasn't too long ago in BOXOFFICE there was an article about one of the chains needing to revamp their stadium seating some how to make it easier for wheel chairs to have better seats than just down front. Seems they had to agree to it to settle a lawsuit involving the ADA.

Re: Stadium Seating questions 20 Sep 2005 22:25 #28926

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
With the foam block method you don't have to finish the space beneith the seats. With the method where you end up with the extra space the space needs to be fireproofed and sprinklered. This adds to the cost. Also stadium is less space efficient than slope. You get less seats for a given square footage. If there is a choice of stadium vs no stadium, stadium works. Old people hate stadium, Kids love it.

Re: Stadium Seating questions 22 Sep 2005 11:42 #28927

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
Stadiums are more efficient with a heat pump and dual fuel (or even just electric) on heat and cool. The reason for this is the mass under the stadium tends to stabilize on its temperature so it holds really well at say 73 degrees (or whatever the room temperature is). The down side to that is you can’t really be cost efficient with a set back on temperature. With the heat pump you shouldn’t need the set back in the first place just set it at say 73 for ac and 68 for heat and let the auto change do the rest.

When we had our 5 screen theater with stadiums and heat pumps we spent about 160 a month on gas in the worst part of winter.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: Stadium Seating questions 26 Sep 2005 19:38 #28928

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Tom
We used steel studs for our stadium renovation of a theater. The system was cheaper than using foam and as the underneath of the stadium was non-combustible
we did not have to sprinkle as has been suggested. We are converting two more screens this winter as we have had a ton of positive feedback. Get a good architect and don't be afraid of getting a second opinion if necessary.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction