Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Getting Started Advice
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting Started Advice

Getting Started Advice 06 Apr 2005 15:03 #28862

I've been looking around this site for a while now. But I wanted to ask the advice of anybody who has experiance in this field. I have been looking into starting a theater in my town. The population of the town is 60,000 and within a 30 mile radius approx. 130,000. We have two theaters currently. One is a VERY run down 4 screen that we have not been to for about 2 years. The last few times we went they never had any popcorn or drinks and the theaters stunk. The othere is a 10 screen that is in a little better shape. The larger has not been remodeled in about 20 years with the exception of that fact that they just added 2 stadium seating screens. I want to open a new 10 screen all stadium seating theater. With my my emphasis being on cleanliness, which the other 2 theaters are not, and customer service. I want to offer a place to hold meetings and lectures as well as parties. Everyone that I have spoken to hates the theaters in this town and wishes something better would come along. I know personally of about 50 people who never go to the movies simply because of these theaters. They either drive 2 hours to a better theater, which is what we do most of the time, or simply wait for it to come out on video. Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting Started Advice 08 Apr 2005 11:44 #28863

• HDP
  • Fresh Boarder
If you’ve looked here at all you know everyone is going to tell you to spend several hours reading the FAQ section and you should. It is great. Much better then any book on the subject.

If you study this and are still interested I would consider making an offer on the decapitated four screen you talked about. If the location is decent and it can be turned into something nice, you should be able to fix it up for a fraction of building something new and you would have four fewer screens (less competition) to worry about.

Good Luck

Re: Getting Started Advice 14 Apr 2005 10:54 #28864

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi CC - you might want to visit the BigScreenBiz.Com Forum titled Frequently Asked Questions. Scroll down to show all topics, there are many topics on starting a movie theatre that were discussed in the past posts there. They may be of some help to you.

Re: Getting Started Advice 19 Apr 2005 16:42 #28865

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
The problem you have if you build new is you have high overhead and the existing theaters don't. It is much easier to clean up a theater throw on paint and get back in touch with your patrons than to pay the bank loans on the new locations. Well there is a lot to be said for being new but again cleaning up and remodeling is cheaper than new construction.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction