Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design screens and parking spaces?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: screens and parking spaces?

screens and parking spaces? 14 Apr 2005 07:02 #28858

Is there a published,(reference for the business plan), formula that determines how many screens the ticket buying demographic can support and how large the parking lot should be?
Thanks,
Jay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: screens and parking spaces? 14 Apr 2005 10:12 #28859

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Local codes determine how many parking spaces per fixed seat that you can have. While people often request variances, if you have an average 8 screen mulitplex and do any sort of business then you better have a least one space for each four seats regardless of whatever the codes say..... otherwise you will have a lot of unhappy patrons.... particularly on saturday night.

Re: screens and parking spaces? 14 Apr 2005 23:41 #28860

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The old rule-of-thumb regarding population is that for every 10,000 in population you can support one screen.

Re: screens and parking spaces? 19 Apr 2005 16:38 #28861

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
So how accurate is the old rule of thumb? I have an 8 screen theater with seating ranging from 200 down to 90 seats, city population is 12,500 country is 28,000 and a 60 mile radius of our theater is about 40,000 to 50,000. We seem to draw from the 60 mile radius but that is still well below the rule of thumb. So again how accurate is the rule of thumb?
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction