Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wet Land Woes

Wet Land Woes 11 Nov 2004 12:42 #28717

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I work at a theatre that has a marbled tile lobby. We are located in a Mall that was built on property that was a large wetland field. The floor is starting to crack in some places and I was wondering what could be done to rectify the problem. Of course changing the tiles is obvious, I was just curious as to whether there were other options.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wet Land Woes 11 Nov 2004 18:57 #28718

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
prepare to spend money

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Wet Land Woes 12 Nov 2004 01:46 #28719

• Ken Layton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Sounds like the South Shore Mall theater in Aberdeen, Washington. Built on a swamp.

Re: Wet Land Woes 12 Nov 2004 08:43 #28720

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course, if you are a renter, it is the mall's problem to fix the situation, though just how thorough they will be in that remains to be seen. If you own that area, then as Mike says, be prepared to spend money! Apparently you realize that it is not just a matter of the tiles themselves, but of the concrete floor under them, and if that is having significant cracks, then you will have to investigate whatever is underneath it. If soil, then there is a good chance that moisture is seeping up and possibly heaving the soil, and if that is the case, you will need to get opinions and estimates from several contractors dealing in foundation problmes to come and give you a written estimate. Will your insurance cover any of this? This may be a classic reason of why so many businesses choose to rent rather than own a location. Best Wishes! Jim
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction