Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting a cinema

Starting a cinema 20 Sep 2004 09:50 #28676

• Rbowden
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi...I have read almost all of the posts on this web sight and I would like to thank all of you. I have learned enough to know I don't know very much :} My question is this. Has anyone used a consultant to help them start up your theater? I have contacted two and I don't want to make any mistakes.

I know very little about the industry (just what I read here) and I know I am going to need alot of help getting this off of the ground. I don't want to make any costly mistakes building the business but I don't want taken by a consultant either. I have one consultant that will charge $100 an hour (seems reasonable) but I don't know if they are reputable. I have one company that charges $1500 a month consulting for the first few months. For that fee they will go over your demographic information and tell you if they think your theater will be sucessful. After they help you with your business plan then your fee goes up to 2500 a month. You can cancel anytime.

My question is this. Isn't most of the homework done before the theater goes up? It seems like such a waste of 2500 a month when I am hiring my own architect and builder. They are consulting by phone not in person.

I like the owner of the second firm he seems to have more experience. He also is a film distributor and hopefully that will work out to my advantage.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.
Rb
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starting a cinema 20 Sep 2004 16:26 #28677

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Yes, it would be a total waste. At $2,500 or $1,500 a month or even $100 an hour it will be wasted money for information that can be had for much less, or even free. I'm curious what it is that you get for your money? What questions do you have that haven't been answered in the archives post of this website?

If you have indeed read everything here, and still have questions... ask away. Or I'm sure that you can e-mail some of us here and we would be glad to help in the areas that we are well versed in. I know that even with almost 40 years in this business I'm still just a tag bit fuzzy on a few things, as things always continue to change, but others here with similar experience may have the right answers where others of us don't.

So before you spend that money... check out all the other sources.

[This message has been edited by RoxyVaudeville (edited September 20, 2004).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction