Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Emergency Light Lumens
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Emergency Light Lumens

Emergency Light Lumens 21 Aug 2004 11:46 #28657

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m in the process of building a four-plex art house. As anyone who has done a building project knows, the subcontractors and the like can often be a little confused on some of the information. Fer instance, I’m trying to figure what I need for emergency lighting. Now, three different people gave me three different answers as to how bright the lights have to be. No surprise. When I finally nailed down emergency exit lighting needs to be one lumen per foot, I started looking at emergency ballasts for the florescent lighting and the bug-eyed lights. None of the manufactures and certainly not the electricians can give me a straight answer of HOW HIGH a fixture rated at, say, 500 lumens can be from the floor before it’s no longer 500 lumens. Anyone out there have a formulae or graph that tells lumen loss for distance from floor? Thanks in advance, folks!
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Emergency Light Lumens 21 Aug 2004 15:39 #28658

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I can't answer your question directly but a cool trick I've found is to shine the emergency lights at the screen and they put out enough light to see everywhere in the auditorium. I have emergency lights which have two lights on them so I shine one at the screen and one at the closest doorway and voila.....
"What a crazy business"

Re: Emergency Light Lumens 21 Aug 2004 19:00 #28659

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
Actually I think you need to review this document that was written by the National Fire Protection Agency, if you are in the US. http://www.prescolite-lsp.com/documents/technical/NFPA_101_(0601919).pdf
It should shed some light
on your needs
hope it helps.
lance

Re: Emergency Light Lumens 21 Aug 2004 22:57 #28660

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We had a 1000 seat single screen theater that only had one double-headed emergency light fixture in the auditorium. The fixture was mounted on the front of the balcony with both lights pointed straight at the screen. Boy did it ever light up the place!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction