Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moldy Seats!

Moldy Seats! 19 May 2004 09:57 #28607

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah, Oregon. Lush forests, amazing coast-line, rugged mountains …and RAIN. Last fall I got 100 seats from a closing theatre. I checked the storage unit recently and these seats did not winter so well. We’re talkin’ mold here, kids. These seats went from an outdated but tacky 70s fabric upholstery to a nice fuzzy organic nap. Does anyone out there have a way to get these seats cleaned up? I’ve got over 100 of them and hoped to install them in the four-plex I’m building. Obviously they need to be cleaned, not just dusted off. I’ve been told to hit them with a power washer and leave them out in the sun to dry. Again, this is Oregon: not big on reliable sun. Someone else suggested dipping them in a tub of weak bleach solution. We’re back to how to get them dry. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moldy Seats! 19 May 2004 11:08 #28608

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like you're on the right track... Power wash, scrub with a brush while sudsy, rinse off, let 'em dry in the sun, saturate 'em with Colloidal Silver, dry 'em again in the sun... They should come out odor free and the silver will kill the mold and retard future growth...

Re: Moldy Seats! 19 May 2004 13:08 #28609

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey Avalon!

I have an off-topic question I would like to ask you. Will you e-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ?

Thanks.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Moldy Seats! 19 May 2004 17:13 #28610

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Try Woolite Carpet Cleaner spray. Spray it on and scrub. Let dry 15 minutes then vacuum off.

Re: Moldy Seats! 20 May 2004 00:56 #28611

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
If they're not REALLY BAD, the Woolite will probably clean 'em up, but I'd still give 'em a shot of Colloidal Silver with a spray bottle and wipe 'em dry after you vacuum out the Woolite...

Re: Moldy Seats! 20 May 2004 13:18 #28612

• RealButter
  • Expert Boarder
I'd check with an automobile detailer or some place that specializes in car washing (not just a drive thru place). They might have special upholstery cleaners.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction