Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting Out

Starting Out 07 Jul 2003 13:38 #28306

• aispring
  • Fresh Boarder
I am currently working a new idea for a movie theater here in Colorado Springs, CO. It's a good and different idea, the only problem; I have no previous experience in movie theaters and no contacts. Registering for this site is my first step but I'm also interested in finding additional information on topics on how to really get started. Any information that someone can provide on things (or additional information from or besides this site) like how booking a movie works, small business loans specialized in movie theaters, etc...

Thank you,

Aaron I. Springfield
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starting Out 08 Jul 2003 14:16 #28307

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello Aaron:

You have several multiplexes in Colorado Springs. If you are going to try to book "Day and Date" with them then I'd say forget it.

But if you intend to book different product, or start a dinner theatre or something like that and are willing to do your own promotion then I'd say "go for it".

It's a wonderful business. You can get info on distributors, bookers and suppliers from [url=http://www.boxoffice.com.]www.boxoffice.com.[/url]

Banks are not usually willing to provide money to someone who is new in our business (especially since every major chain went through bankruptsy recently). You should probably try to find private financing.

Converting a existing building is cheaper than building from scratch.

Good luck!

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Starting Out 08 Jul 2003 16:12 #28308

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Alot of these newbie questions are already answered right here under the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction