Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Need seat installer
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need seat installer

Need seat installer 23 May 2003 01:14 #28238

• Dundee Ed
  • Fresh Boarder
We have come into possession of some very nice seats from a theatre that was recently razed. They were for stadium seating and we have a sloped floor. I would like to find someone who can make the shims and install these seats. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Need seat installer 24 May 2003 01:30 #28239

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Go to a chain saw shop and check out the plastic shims they have there. They are used for splitting wood. They come in various heights and colors. I had to put shims under six of my chairs. I walked across the street to the saw shop and found some black shims that were the exact size as my seat legs. No one can tell the seats are shimmed. We installed our own seats using several cordless drills with lots of spare batteries.

Re: Need seat installer 03 Jun 2003 17:04 #28240

• jimor
  • Platinum Boarder
If you don't want to do this yourself, the League of Historic American Theatres www.LHAT.org has lists of contractors for every type of theatre work. You may have to join them to get full cooperation, but it may be worth it on several levels.

You could also contact any of the seating makers/refurbishers listed in the Directory issue of THEATRE CRAFTS magazine (now called TCI, and the December issue is the Buyer's Guide) and ask for nearby referrals, since they often subcontract the installation/removal of seats.
Best Wishes. Jim Rankin, member since 1976: www.HistoricTheatres.org

[This message has been edited by jimor (edited June 03, 2003).]
Jim R. (new E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) member: www.HistoricTheatres.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction