Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design ADA upgrades and costs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ADA upgrades and costs

ADA upgrades and costs 15 Apr 2003 15:10 #28160

• garymey
  • Senior Boarder
We are trying to do a series of upgrades to improve access for customers with disabilities. This includes several areas:
1. Our slope from street box office and from lobby to auditorium doors is more than 1 in 12. We are considering reramping vs. handrails with automatic door openers vs. building 3 steps up to a newly leveled area and a wheelchair lift. Any opinions on costs and impact. I worry about steps and people falling. We have a fair number of seniors.
2. Adding ADA bathroom.
There are a number of other things but theyu are prety straightforward. The big problem is the bids I am getting are impossible for me to save this 1926 neighbrhood theater.

I am looking for a dependable contractor in the San Francisco Bay area that will also keep the costs down and maybe come uo with some cost-saving ideas.
Any bidy?
Thanks,
Gary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ADA upgrades and costs 15 Apr 2003 18:42 #28161

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Isn't there a "hardship" provision in the ADA regs?

Re: ADA upgrades and costs 16 Apr 2003 01:40 #28162

• garymey
  • Senior Boarder
There may be but this has more to do with settling the case brought about by an ambulance chasing jerk of a lawyer who files 400 ADA suits a year. He doesn;t really care about the disabled...just his fees...but they are demanding a bunch of stuff be done.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.116 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction