Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THEATERS FOR SALE

THEATERS FOR SALE 24 Jan 2003 22:41 #28092

DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY THEATERS FOR SALE IN OREGON OR WASHINGTON STATE AREA?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 25 Jan 2003 00:14 #28093

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Joe:

The old Aberdeen Theater in Aberdeen, Wash. is for sale (last I heard was it was down to $100,000). Currently used as a church, the church congregation has grown so much that they need a bigger building. The booth has all equipment still in it, screen is still there, seats have been recovered, new plumbing, new electrical, new roof, new heat and handicap restrooms. The only drawback is the marquee has been removed and a small sign has been placed in a front window to indicate the church's name and the snack bar is gone (easy to build a new one). Contact Craige Fectzo at Windermere Grays Harbor Real Estate phone 360-533-6464 (office) or fax 360-533-0375. The old D&R Theater (205 South "I" St.) just around the corner from the Aberdeen theater is also for lease (needs works, but owner is willing to do alot).

In Long Beach, Wash. (lower Wash. coast near Oregon border) the twin screen (easily expanded to 3 screens) Neptune Theatre (809 Boulevard South) is for sale. It's only around 10 years old and has it's own nice parking lot.

The single screen Roxy Theater (213 Main St.) in Morton, Wash is for sale and the same goes for the single screen Randle Theater (corner of McKay St. & Silverbrook Road) in Randle, Wash. (about 15 miles from the Roxy in Morton). The Randle Theater is being handled by Concept Realty in Randle (phone: 360-497-7400). Concept may or may not be handling the Roxy in Morton, but I'm sure they know who is. Both these theaters are two projector carbon arc booths with Super Simplex Projector heads, RCA 1040 soundheads, old RCA tube sound systems, and Peerless Magnarc lamphouses.

The Twin City Drive-in Theater (2 screens, located at 1615 South Gold St.) in Centralia, Wash. is for sale at $400,000. The Lewis County Fairgrounds (Western Washington Fair) owns the theater so you have to talk to them. The 3 screen FOX Theater (119 South Tower Ave.) in downtown Centralia, Wash. is also for sale or lease. It is owned by the City of Centralia, so contact the Mayor's office to get the contact info of who to talk to about the theater. I believe the asking sale price is $250,000 but is negociable. No projection/sound equipment in either theater.

The single screen Skyline Drive-in Theater (182 S.E. Brewer Road) in Shelton, Wash. is for sale at $450,000. Contact Sterling Realty in Lacey, Wash. at 360-491-3620. Modern platter system, brand new Christie xenon 4,000 watt lamphouse, radio sound and traditional in-car speakers, and the original 2nd projector is still in place as an emergency backup machine.

The single screen Lakewood Theater (6120 Motor Ave.) in Lakewood, Wash. (the Lakewood near Tacoma) is for sale. Contact West Coast Commercial Property at 206-283-5212. Two projectors (Simplex X-L) with xenon lamphouses, NO automation.

The 8 screen Lincoln Plaza theater (31 Montana Ave.) in Tacoma, Wash. is for sale or lease. It's near the new Costco store on 38th st. I think Insignia Kidder Matthews is handling it.

The Everett Mall theater is for sale/lease in Everett, Wash. Contact the Everett Mall business office at (425) 355-1771.

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited January 25, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited January 27, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited January 29, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited February 08, 2003).]

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 25 Jan 2003 13:59 #28094

• DrStinky
  • Fresh Boarder
Joe -

This may be the same theater in Tacoma, but here is info on a 6-screen from Pacific Properties:

"The theatre is located in the Tacoma Central shopping center. It is approximately 23,228 square feet. It is a six screen theatre with a ratio of 10 to 1 parking, which would allow for expansion or a pad site to be developed on the property.
The theatre has grossed an average of 2 million annual gross sales in the past. You can access a site plan atwww.pprp.com under property profiles,Washington, Tacoma Central."

-Steve Johnson

[This message has been edited by DrStinky (edited January 25, 2003).]

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 26 Jan 2003 01:57 #28095

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
The Tacoma Central 6 was reopened by Galaxy Theatres last month and is doing well. It is 2 miles from the Lincoln Plaza 8.

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 27 Jan 2003 01:33 #28096

I DROVE BY THERE TODAY IT'S A NICE LOOKING BUILDING FROM THE OUTSIDE AND FROM WHAT I COULD SEE INSIDE HAS A GOOD LAYOUT FOR TRAFIC CONTROL AND THE PARKING LOT WAS FULL ALSO LATE AFTERNOON

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 27 Jan 2003 02:55 #28097

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Joe:

A suggestion---please turn off your "caps lock" button. You are shouting at us!

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 30 Jan 2003 12:50 #28098

• TDC
  • Fresh Boarder
I have lurked for a LONG time and am finally posting. :-)

I watch the "For Sale" posting in the classified section, but they seem to be few and far between. Does anyone have knowledge about theaters for sale in the midwest (Missouri or boardering states)?

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 30 Jan 2003 13:10 #28099

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Local classifieds rarely have much in the way of theaters, but it's always worth a look. Boxoffice magazine has theaters for sale/ lease in their want ads.

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 01 Feb 2003 21:21 #28100

• Matthew
  • Junior Boarder
There usually isn't that much stuff in Boxoffice, though. At least not in the Midwest edition.

Ken, where did you find all that info on Washington theaters for sale? Is there a similar resource for the upper-midwest?

Re: THEATERS FOR SALE 01 Feb 2003 22:04 #28101

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
Me I find my theaters for sale info by several methods. I drive thru towns looking for theaters, talk to local area film bookers, talk to film depots like ETS, talk to indy theater owners, watch the news page of cinematreasures.org, look thru Boxoffice magazine, read local newspaper stories of theater closings, etc.
Sometimes if you have a nearby drive-in theater that's still in operation, the owners there may know some theaters for sale or closing soon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction