Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stealth Cinema

Stealth Cinema 23 Jan 2003 20:46 #28070

• mgward
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi. This is my first time posting here; I stumbled across the site several days ago and have found the information here immensely helpful.

I'm a fourth year architecture at Clemson in my exit semester. My project is a Cinema in a historic district of Columbia.

Through these Forums, I've learned about the so-called "stealth cinemas." It seems like a fascinating design; however, the information I can find online is very limited. I was wondering if anyone might have any experience with this design.

Thanks,
Michael Ward
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stealth Cinema 24 Jan 2003 01:34 #28071

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Search the forums at film-tech.com for "Stealth" theaters for the in-depth discussions. The bottom line is Stealth design theaters SUCK big time!

Re: Stealth Cinema 24 Jan 2003 11:20 #28072

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Contact Buck Kolkmeyer(815)786-6577 for more information, he is the President of Nova Cinetech the company that does the "stealth" design.

Re: Stealth Cinema 24 Jan 2003 15:23 #28073

• buck
  • Fresh Boarder
It is our objective at Nova Cinetech to make movies more accessible to more people. In light of that, we set out to create a unique theatre design with stadium seating and digital sound that could be built in smaller markets. We located the seats where most people prefer to sit. There is also a diamond shaped "sweet spot" in every theatre where both picture and sound are at their optimum. If you cut away all of the excess, you get the "Stealth Cinema" design. It is so unique in design and efficiency that we received a federal patent.

There are currently 8 "Stealth Cinemas" in the US including Marcus Theatres Cedar Creek Cinemas 7-10 in Wausau, Wisconsin. There are 6 more to be licensed in 2003.

I think it is interesting that some of the boldest criticism comes from the least informed. Because we are in smaller markets, most of our critics have never seen a "Stealth Cinema."

Our customers call it "Intimate Cinema" and "Ultimate Cinema." They say "There is not a bad seat in the house." One customer said "Before I walked in, I was in Boaz, Alabama, but this is like being in Manhattan."

Those are the critics that I care about.

If you would like to contact me, I can be reached at (815) 786-6577 or by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Buck Kolkmeyer, Pres & CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction