Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Revamping That Theatre (New seat configurations, screens, et
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revamping That Theatre (New seat configurations, screens, et

Revamping That Theatre (New seat configurations, screens, et 27 Dec 2002 20:43 #28045

MesburSmith (or anyone else thats knowledgeable-most members
),

I am now at the GARRICK every Saturday and almost every Sunday.

I have been doing some considerable studying on the building. I have been doing some thinking on, if I ran this theatre, how could I keep the current look, but emphasize on the design?

So, I have some questions and points that I'm wandering if you can go over with some detail:

1. The screen in cinema 2 seems to be only 30-35 feet wide. Is there any way to increase the screen by a couple feet? I'd like to increase it a little because this auditorium seats 778, but my research has proven that it actually seats 782.

2. Can you design a new seat configuration? The main floor seats 372 seats, with 410 in the balcony. All these seats from 1968 are 21" wide.

If you are standing at the screen, looking out at the seats on the main floor, the left section seats from the half divider wall: 11 rows at 8 seats, 1 row at 7 seats, and the front row at 6 seats. The centre seating section, from the back divider wall of the main floor: 14 rows at 13 seats, all the way to the front row. The right section, from the back divider wall of the main floor: 2 rows at 2 seats, for wheelchairs, 9 rows at 8 seats, 1 row at 7 seats, and the front row seating 6 seats.

Can you set the seats up to provide more legroom? Since most of the seats added together would equal 30", you'd have to lose at least one seat. I also wouldn't mind re-doing the half wall dividers, to accomadate the new seating.

The balcony must be tricky though, as it is stadium stepped and also, to get in the balcony, you enter the auditorium going up 5 stairs, then must turn, and start walking towards the back, up another 8 stairs. It is almost impossible to redo the balcony, and would cost quite a substancial fee.

3. Cinema 1 was a Cinerama house, with what I believe is a D150 screen(?). Since the ceiling at the front is very, very round, would you be able to design a new front end, where a regular, larger flat screen could be installed?

I don't actually have the main floor row sizes, etc. here with me at the moment, but would it be doable here as well (to reseat it with larger seats, etc.)?

4. Would you be able to keep the trench colours, etc, and design/select a new material for the curtains? The curtains are currently torqiuse, and the colour is used too much that it kind of gets over killed. How could you get the curtains to stand out?
You can click here to see some current pics and cinema 2 front end drawings.

THANK-YOU TO EVERYONE FOR READING THIS! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS!

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Revamping That Theatre (New seat configurations, screens, et 30 Dec 2002 21:16 #28046

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_8518369/Garrick/Cinema+2+Main+And+Balcony.jpg?bcxmJO.AUHuwwSlq

Here's the current configuration. The risers on the balcony basically rise 5 or 6 inches. I think I'm up one seat in the very back row on the right, but otherwise, its all accurate.

The drawing on the left is the balcony.. The one on the right is the main floor.

There are 6 trenches with 63 standard light bulbs per trench.

David, the next time you are in Winnipeg, give me a shout and I'll hook you up with a tour of the place. E-mail me for my cell and home number.

"Would you like fries with that?"
Since 1987
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction