Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Theater Biz

New Theater Biz 28 Jun 2002 13:16 #27802

• Booper
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm looking into the possibility of opening a single (possibly twin) screen theater and I'm getting the basics down. I've worked concessions and even a bit of projection back in the mid 80's when I was in high school, btu I never got acquainted with the business side of the operations. Unfortunately the theater that I worked in was torn down and my options for an existing property are VERY limited. Therefore I may be stuck in the position of needing to build new. Can anyone give me any tips, pointers, links, and so on to help me get a head start? I've been pouring through the postings here and I have learned quite a bit, but I'm always looking to learn more.

Thanks! Randy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Theater Biz 29 Jun 2002 08:36 #27803

• Seeker
  • Senior Boarder
Get a copy of "The Movie Business Book" by Jason E. Squire. It discusses exhibition as well as the food chain which brings movies to the theater.

Read "The Business of Show Business: The Valuation of Movie Theaters" by Arthur Gimmy and Mary Gates. It's published by the Appraisal Institute and available only off their website.

The Exhibition 101 series, which is now posted on this forum (thanks to Large) is also available.

Good luck!

Re: New Theater Biz 29 Jun 2002 19:18 #27804

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just bought Ky these books that you mentioned plus Negociating Commercial Realestate Leases.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited June 30, 2002).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction