Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting Started

Getting Started 19 Jun 2002 12:06 #27799

• apa6
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been told that the best way to learn the business is to get a job at my local theater. I plan to do that, but I want to know if I should let the manger know of my plans to learn everything about the business in hopes of opening my own theater one day. Or should I keep this to myself. The city that I plan to open the theater in is an hour away from where I live now so we won't be competitors.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting Started 19 Jun 2002 17:41 #27800

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Every situation is different. I would keep it to myself, at least for a while. An hour away isn't that far either. Just soak up as much information as you possible can. Be the best worker they ever had, and it will all come easily.
Good Luck

Re: Getting Started 28 Jun 2002 08:49 #27801

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
No one is interested in YOUR aspirations when they hire you. It is assumed you want the money and/or experience for something otherwise you'd pay him for the honor and experience to work at the theatre. When I hire someone, I'm paying them, I want them to do what I want, as I want, when I want, etc. etc. The fact that they're working there because they want to 1. buy Momma new shoes 2. save up to move to Europe 3. support their lazy kids 4. learn everything and start a movie theatre means nothing to me as long as they show up on time and do the work they were hired for. In other words: keep it to yourself and do a good job. If you become indispensable, good on you.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction