Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting started

Getting started 06 May 2002 20:49 #27767

• apa6
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to open a movie theater and would like to know where I should start. I have a location in mind, but what should I do next? Design, equipment, etc. Is there a plan or outline that I should follow? Keep in mind that I am learning this business from scratch. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting started 06 May 2002 21:56 #27768

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I met a friend on the internet a few years back. He never worked in a movie theatre, or anything, but wanted to own one. The only thing he knew about the industry was what he saw from going to the movies.He wanted a nice one, with all the popular amenities, nice seats,lighted poster cases, digital signs, DIGITAL Sound,he wanted to present great picture and sound quality. All admirable qualites for a movie theatre. SO, he did it...He hasn't taken a dime out of the place yet...I don't know how he could, but he still loves the industry. Anyways, I would recomend that you get yourself a job in your local theatre. Learn the ropes there, see how things work,learn from the bottom up. IF you own your own, you'll be doing your own anyway. Check out the theatres in your area, an independant theatre would be best, you can often get more detailed information than you may get from a chain theatre as simply a line employee. But either one will get you in the door to see if you like the business, see its ups and downs, etc.. good luck

The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction