Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elevators?

Elevators? 16 Feb 2002 16:51 #27694

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I just looked at at a place with a huge balcony that would work as a 3 screen but it's on the second floor so an elevator is a must. Have any of you had experience with this? What does it take to buy and install?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Elevators? 16 Feb 2002 17:10 #27695

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
We put one in a theatre I was involved with, about twelve years ago. It went three stories and cost a little over $80,000.

Re: Elevators? 17 Feb 2002 10:10 #27696

That was about the cost of an elevator that goes two stories that I looked into two years ago. Get a Hydrolic (sp) one. Most of the time an elevator pit must be dug to house the Lift portion. its about 8 to 10 ft deep. And then you wil need an equipment closet to house the pump and control boards.

Re: Elevators? 18 Feb 2002 12:02 #27697

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
Mike

When we renovated and split the historic Shaker Square Cinema in Cleveland, it wasn't possible to get elevator access to the two new theatres created by splitting the balcony. The city agreed that if the owner entered into an agreement that any film shown in the upstairs theatres would eventually play downstairs where there was full access. This was the easiest way to get approval for the complex.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction