Home Forums Movie Theaters Cinema Design Question for Seating Guru's
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question for Seating Guru's

Question for Seating Guru's 14 Jan 2002 04:07 #27621

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
We are considering getting new seats for our twin cinema. We have a sloped floor, (Im not sure of the exact slope, but it is a good slope) so, what is the highest seat height in inches that a seat should be on a sloped floor? Is a 40 inch chair too tall for a non stadium theatre?

Also, right now we have about 38-40 inches between our rows, is this average? We were thinking of going to 45 inches - is their a distance that is actually "too much" leg room? (We have plenty of room as our theatre is very long, and we are looking to lower our seat count.)

Also, their are some beautiful high back rockers or loveseat chairs through seatingconcepts for $145-150 per chair. Does anyone know of a cheaper option for good highback seats? (A rocker or loveseat option with a cupholder is a must.)
Thanks

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question for Seating Guru's 14 Jan 2002 09:19 #27622

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
Dear Bird

We tend not to use high back chair in non-stadium theatres. However, the average eye level is 44 inches, so most people can see perfectly well even with high back chairs. Psychologically, however, some people feel that they won't be able to see. Increasing the row spacing will improve the sightlines. We typically use between 42" and 44" spacing. If you are looking for a less expensive, but well made and stylish chair option, check out Mobiliario, a Mexico City based company. They can be reached at Tel: 525-300-06-20 or Fax: 525-300-21-36. We have used their chairs for many of our theatres for Cinemex. You can see some examples on our website at [url=http://www.mesbursmith.com.]www.mesbursmith.com.[/url] I don't know if they have a loveseat version.

Re: Question for Seating Guru's 14 Jan 2002 11:21 #27623

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Most of the non-stadium theaters I have seen lately use 42" spacing. I prefer tall-back chairs myself as it prevents me from getting a stiff neck.
The prices quotes from Seating Concepts is about right. We have Seating Concepts chairs in the Chehalis Theater in Chehalis, Washington and are very happy with them (and so are the customers).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction