Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Popcorn

Re: Popcorn 24 Mar 2008 12:13 #27494

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
We are at a 4.50 -5.oo per cap so i cant see how that would work for us .

But i think if you were to do that you could do vending.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Popcorn 24 Mar 2008 13:17 #27495

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Wow! As much as I would have loved to have a percap like that when I was a theatre manager it would make me very very very suspicious that I was getting ripped off severly at the box office. That was one of the things loss prevention would look at as a "red flag" A high percap along with a drop in attendance can be an indicator of theft.

Re: Popcorn 24 Mar 2008 14:48 #27496

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Or good, courteous sales persons--or good, fair concession prices--or caring patrons who want the theatre to stay in town.

Re: Popcorn 25 Mar 2008 05:34 #27497

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
I just want to clarify that in no way was I trying to insenuate that slapintheface has a theft problem, I only meant to relate my experience as I have not been fortunate enough when I was a manager to have a legitimate percap of five dollars. That was a few years ago so maybe inflation plays a roll too. Anyways, I am very very impressed with the percap at slaps theatre, Is it a great example of what can be achieved when the ownership is truly invested, involved, and really cares about what goes on. It's too bad that more of the owners (non BSB members) I have met in my career don't take the same approach. Great Job! and Great Example!

Re: Popcorn 25 Mar 2008 13:38 #27498

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This got me thinking about one of the first theatres I ran. It was a sub-run single screen. A friend ran a 3 screen first-run house in the next city. My theatre did great business, his did terrible business. He always joked with me that his percap was always better. But its all relative. If I had 2000 people for the week at $1.50 cpp that makes $3000 concession revenue. During the same time his percap was $5.00 a person, he had 100 people at $5.00 cpp comes out to only $500. concession revenue.Better percap, but way less people.
If only we could have merged the two...

Re: Popcorn 25 Mar 2008 20:45 #27499

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I am there about 50-60 hours a week so it would be very hard for them to steal.2nd i have digital security cam.That is not to say i have never been ripped off..
4 THINGS TO GET A BIG PER CAP
1. ALLOW TIPS...ON A GOOD SAT NIGHT THEY GET 100.OO IN TIPS.We only have a stand no theater service.
2.PUT YOUR CANDY OUT SO IT IS SELF SERVE.
3.variety,variety-over 40 kinds of candy,15 kinds of coffee,5 kinds of popcorn,40 beers ,20 wines,fresh baked cookies,8 teas,tap beer,10m kinds of non fountain drinks..
4.pop every every show.
If we have a slow night lets say 60-80 we can have up to a 8.oo per cap..
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction