Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sizes

Re: Sizes 15 May 2006 19:07 #27195

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Popcorn - Small (85oz), Medium (130oz), Large (170oz). Drink - Child (16oz), Small (22oz), Medium (32oz), Large (44oz).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sizes 15 May 2006 19:30 #27196

• jukingeo
  • Senior Boarder
Ahhhh, I see (the blindman says). So they are given a calculated size based on liquid volume. Interesting. I did see popcorn bags labeled as per the amount of popcorn weight it holds. For my caluculations I do kind of prefer this kind because it makes my cost/profit calculations easier. But thanks for the tip all!

JG

Re: Sizes 15 May 2006 19:35 #27197

• jukingeo
  • Senior Boarder
Oh! Almost forgot (sorry for the double post).

Does anyone have a quick way of calculating the volume figures as per the actual weight of popcorn?

Unless of course someone outright knows what the volumes stated here equals to in popcorn weight.

Thank You,

JG

Re: Sizes 22 May 2006 23:30 #27198

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You can check with Packaging concepts, one of the largest manufactures of bags, http://www.packagingconceptsinc.com/

Re: Sizes 30 May 2007 02:44 #27199

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I tried an experiment. About two weeks before Spider-Man 3 came out, I changed the names on my soda's. My 12oz is now a child's size, my 20oz is now a small, the 32oz is a medium, and my 44oz is the large. As soon as my 20oz cups are gone, I am changing to 16oz for the small size and have the 16oz currently on display.

It caused a little confusion at first for both the customers and the employees, but I think the timing was good--lots of customers and lots of concession sales since the change.

The first two weeks we pointed out the difference. Now we just fill the orders. I don't have the exact numbers, but I have noticed a marked decrease in sales of child sized soda's, except for the ones that went into the kid's packs.

I do have a question, though. Did I do the right thing? Yes, my goal was to get 50 cents extra from each sale. But does 50 cents cover the added cost of the product, the cup (the large cup cost is significantly more), the disposal of that bigger cup, the clean-up of that larger spill in the auditorium, and on the large-- the refill? Many more people are buying the 44oz. and we are seeing many more people coming back for that refill. (Could just be that PIRATES is just a long movie.)

Anyway, your thoughts?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction