Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand buttery topping... Help me find some?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: buttery topping... Help me find some?

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 27 Jan 2005 16:35 #26866

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Well,

I have learned one thing, NEVER mix diferent types of buter toppings, empty the dispenser then start the new one, I have found many DO NOT MIX. and taste aweful.

you are rite about the unlabled cans/bottles, however Wesson knew full well what they were doing as the bottles had the new labels on them but snuck them in cases labeled with the old product ID.

tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 29 Jan 2005 00:56 #26867

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We used to use the "SuperKist II". We now use a product called "Buttery Topping" made by Lou Ana that comes from Gold Medal. Tastes WAY better than the SuperKist II. Almost tastes like real butter, but isn't. We pay $34.20 for a 35LB bag in a box. One of our theatres has a BIB dispensor machine, while the other has a hand pump style machine. Our popcorn supplier has a fitting like on a coffee urn that fits in the BIB box for pouring out the product at the theater that doesn't use the BIB set up. We got started on using this topping when we purchased the new BIB dispensing machine for our 4 screen. The flavor was so much better than the SuperKist II that we were using that we go through the extra trouble of using it at the single screen also. We had lots of positive comments about how much better it tasted when we switched over to the new "butter" at both theaters.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 29 Jan 2005 11:40 #26868

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Interesting... I'll check that out this season.
The owner of Lou Ana was a trade show rep at our drive-in owners' convention last year. Pretty interesting how those products are made, when you're dealing with multi-thousand gallon batches.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 02 Feb 2005 22:55 #26869

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Something I forgot to mention about the Lou Ana Buttery Topping, it doesn't solidify at low temps like the popping oil and the Superkist II. Most of the time during the winter, ours is stored at about 50 degrees F and it stays as fluid as if it were in the butter warmer. No sense in keeping the storage room any warmer than we have to-the heat bill is high enough as it is.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 09 Feb 2005 15:09 #26870

I tried using Safflower Oil once and it came out great....has anyone else ever tried that ???

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 18 Sep 2005 21:10 #26871

• mach1joe
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, has anyone ever heard of or know where to buy Pop X

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 19 Sep 2005 13:01 #26872

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
"A movie just isn't a movie with out hot buttered popcorn."

“Lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the lobby to get some 7-up”

Oh and there was the dancing hotdogs singing that those were the days. What do you mean I’m dating myself?

[This message has been edited by RonOne50 (edited September 19, 2005).]
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction