Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Popping oil

Re: Popping oil 22 Jun 2004 10:54 #26696

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think Sam's Club sells Pop-All. We buy it from our popcorn distributor. Pop-All has Hydroginated soybean oil and coconut oil. I guess there is enough coconut oil to help give it a good taste. Like I said, I think it works great and most people say we have the best popcorn around (but that might also have to do with the fact that we are still using the popcorn popcorn from the 1940s).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Popping oil 26 Jun 2004 15:43 #26697

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Agreed! I once had a drive-in with a gas popper that was truely an antique, worn out, on its last legs & totally unsupported and unclaimed by the manufacturer (which is still around, by the way). We eventually had to give it an honorable burial, after which the popcorn at that place was never quite as good.

Re: Popping oil 15 Jul 2004 23:49 #26698

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We use only Canola oil to Pop... once in a great while I will sub Corn oil if the local Dist runs out of Canola, I will NEVER use Coconut oil again, after having used it on several ocasions, and having people bring the popcorn back because it tastes bad...

not to mention it feels heavy as lead.

I know some people love it, but in two seperate theatres same results, last time took off a nearly full bucket of coconut oil because we were getting 30-40% returns that something was wrong with the corn...

tony.

Re: Popping oil 16 Jul 2004 13:17 #26699

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Must be a matter of the taste people come to expect from your theatre. I'd have a lynch mob beating the doors off my theatre if I dropped Coconut oil.

Besides... all that extra weight gives the impression of value! Ever get one of those frozen pop drinks?... 3/4 air. The cup is so light it's hard to look at it and believe you're seeing a full cup of product! I sure wouldn't want my popcorn tubs feeling that way!!!

Re: Popping oil 16 Jul 2004 16:56 #26700

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I would have a lynch mob here too if I didn't use coconut oil--and being a tourist area with about 40% of my summer business tourists--I find it funny that so many tell me "you have the best tasting popcorn--it is so much better than we get at our local theatres" so--I am sold on keeping things the same.

Re: Popping oil 23 Jul 2004 22:11 #26701

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Odell's canola oil! Accept no substitutes!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction