Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Butter Dispensors

Re: Butter Dispensors 22 Jan 2004 09:16 #26503

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
Jim Peterson of O'dell's sent me samples of the anhydrous butterfat product as well as their coconut oil that stays liquid at room temperature. (They mix a little corn oil in with the coconut oil.) He also sent me some examples of marketing materials that are available such as a concessions stand teepee (don't know what else to call it.. little cardboard triangular standee.)
I got in touch with them at (800) 635-0436. I think he can also tell you what distributors can deliver the product to your area.
Take care,
Rance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Butter Dispensors 22 Jan 2004 16:47 #26504

i have been using o'dells for about three years. When i switched to it from butter sticks, my customers also were not thrilled. I now mix it 50/50 with the cheap stuff (that my competitors use alone) and everyone is thrilled. We even have several "popcorn" customers who rarely see movies, but buy popcorn once or twice a week

Re: Butter Dispensors 22 Jan 2004 18:43 #26505

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
John,

That was pretty smart--and should not increase the dangers of food poisoning (which was also great about having just pure butterfat--as pure butterfat does not sustain bacteria)--I might need to try that--it was nice advertising "butter" rather than "topping" and at 50/50 it is higher concentrate than the store bought 60/40 butter.

Re: Butter Dispensors 28 Jan 2004 19:00 #26506

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Back to the Gold Medal: we have the auto button and it works terriffic. We also have a hand pump: and what a difference. It's also easier for new people to learn as the hand operated seems to require skill and with the elec model this is not so true.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Butter Dispensors 28 Jan 2004 22:18 #26507

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I took my crew on a field trip last weekend to a theater about 100 miles away. It had been completely remodeled and split and I wanted to see it. The owner had borrowed some 6000' reels from me long ago so I called to tell him we were coming to get them and catch a movie.

They were quite busy when we got there so I offered to help in the concession stand. I refilled someone's popcorn and went to add "butter". The liquid hit the popcorn and splattered everywhere. Guess that is the skill you are referring to.

I don't have that problem. I heat my butter in glass syrup containers in the microwave and keep them warm in the popcorn machine. That wouldn't work in a busier place than mine, but it works great for me.

P.S. Their theater was nice.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction