Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: soda set up for the first time

Re: soda set up for the first time 22 Jul 2002 21:49 #25889

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Mike-
My company recently changed one theatre in my area to self service soda. They order from the concession attendants, and are given an empty cup that they take to the fountain to fill. They are saying they are able to speed up transaction time, thus being able to serve more patrons quickly, avoiding the walk-aways and people who just avoid the stand altogether because of lines.
We offer a free refill on our large size only, and they have said that so far they haven't seen too many people trying to fill up the smaller sizes for free. Just be sure that you have a clear cup for those people who ask for water, so you can be sure they are not filling that with soda. I can't see anyone bringing their own cup from home...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: soda set up for the first time 22 Jul 2002 21:52 #25890

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
and just to re-cap...
if you did go with a self service fountain, you would go from the "dark ages" with your canned soda, to being a "leader with self service beverages" in our industry.
I'd do it just for that title Mike...

jeff

Re: soda set up for the first time 23 Jul 2002 17:18 #25891

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I am not worthy. I can see it now...... I'm walking through Show West or East.... behind my back people are pointing me out.. "See that guy? He sells cans of soda at his theatre!" Shake their heads. Will I never live it down? For the record: It works at our theatre but it is not the most profitable.

I was in a Subway and a big truck stop and all use self serve soda. The big question is how to do re-fills. I'll put a separtate post.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction