Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cretors Mach 5

Cretors Mach 5 07 Dec 2012 05:31 #39539

• Adam Fraser
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone recently purchased a Cretors Mach 5 popcorn machine? I am looking at a 32oz model to replace our undersized 16oz Hollywood 48 for my theatre.

Has anyone seen one side by side to a Diplomat? Is the Diplomat worth the $2000 price premium? The dealer says there is virtually no difference between the two models other than the Diplomat has a cabinet that is more difficult to manufacture, but not necessarily higher quality.

No stocking dealers within a 6 hour drive so I have to buy sight unseen.
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2012 05:32 by Adam Fraser.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cretors Mach 5 07 Dec 2012 09:56 #39540

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Have you tried their website (www.cretors.com). I'll bet for a price they'd ship it to you.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Cretors Mach 5 07 Dec 2012 15:07 #39541

• Adam Fraser
  • Expert Boarder
I have looked at their website and have quotes for both the Diplomat and the Mach 5, both Cretors and my dealer are suggesting the Mach 5, just wondering if anyone has firsthand experience with them.

The Mach 5 is around $4900 + shipping.
The Diplomat is $6900 + shipping.

I'm willing to pay more if there is a $2000 difference in quality.

Cretors Mach 5 08 Dec 2012 21:33 #39555

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have had a 32 oz Cretors Diplomat for over 22 years and never had a single problem with it at all.

When I did my research on my Diplomat purchase (vs the Gold Medal) I talked to several long time theatre owners and everyone recommended the Diplomat over Gold Medal. Dont know what the difference is between the two Cretors brands that you mention (when I purchaed only the Diplomat was available in the 32 oz size) but IMHO you cant go wrong with the Diplomat.

Cretors Mach 5 09 Dec 2012 18:59 #39559

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
we have one of the Diplomats and the Gold Medal... I love them both but love the Diplomat more. You can drop the kettle out very easily in the Diplo and not in the Gold Medal.. other than that they are both incredible work horses that as long as you start with a good load and don't space out will keep up with a big steady crowd. I don't know what the Mach 5 is... 20000.00 is worth really understanding why it is so much less. But in our biz the front line equip can't be inferior.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Cretors Mach 5 09 Dec 2012 19:09 #39560

• Adam Fraser
  • Expert Boarder
The mach 5 is Cretor's newest model. The way the salesman explained it to me was that the Mach 5 frame is made form stamped stainless while the Diplomat uses extruded aluminum for the frame. They both use identical kettles.

I do understand about durability, our Cretors Hollywood 48 has been serving us without a hiccup for over 60 years. It is just undersized for those shows when 300-400 people come through the doors in 45 minutes.

Thanks for all of the information.

Cretors Mach 5 03 Jan 2013 18:47 #39642

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have seen the March 5 at trade shows. It looks nice and easy to use. I have always been happy with Creators. I think Slap bought one a few years ago for his first theatre. Maybe you can message him.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction