Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand White Castle Burgers?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: White Castle Burgers?

White Castle Burgers? 08 Jun 2011 19:43 #36429

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey guys, are any of you selling White Castle burgers? If so how are they doing and what's the customer's response?
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: White Castle Burgers? 06 Jul 2011 04:55 #36614

• sharynf
  • Fresh Boarder
howdy - I saw them recently at Brenden Theaters, Concord CA; when I went to the the recent "Pirates"... gives me a good excuse to go back to see another film... i'll let ya know!

Re: White Castle Burgers? 10 Jul 2011 01:14 #36639

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Theatres are not cooking them correctly and overcharging. If they can cook them rite and price them fairly they may have a good thing going!

Re: White Castle Burgers? 10 Jul 2011 12:17 #36641

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
jacker5 wrote:
Theatres are not cooking them correctly and overcharging. If they can cook them rite and price them fairly they may have a good thing going!

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Theatres need a lot of volume to keep White Castle burgers fresh and the theatre needs a staff to pay attention to them. At the theatre conventions White Castle serves these out of warming/steam tables (like a hot dog bun steamer.) They are very good. The burgers can be microwaved but the results are not quite as good.
Improperly warming them or failing to rotate stock is the bigget problem. The product freezer burns easily and like most frozen bread the buns can break apart if not handled with care.
AllenD

Re: White Castle Burgers? 10 Jul 2011 14:11 #36644

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So, How do these come? The only way I have seen them, are burger patty/bun packed together and they are microwaved. But, by the sound of some comments, are the patties available bulk, and you steam them, and buns are separated too?

Re: White Castle Burgers? 10 Jul 2011 15:41 #36646

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The burgers come fully assembled and complete, two burgers (plain or with cheese) per cellophane bag. The bag of two can be steamed or microwaved.
I don't remember how many bags of two are packed per case, but any good concession supply company will have that information or call White Castle. They have regular ads in Box Office and Film Journal.
I know of several operators who have purchased the frozen product from local supermarkets to "control costs" but I don't think that is a good buy for the operator or the theatre customer.
Certainly buying a few packages at retail can help a theatre operator decide if they can use the product.
AllenD

Re: White Castle Burgers? 10 Jul 2011 18:04 #36648

• CGM
  • Junior Boarder
As suggested by AllenD, White Castle burgers are the one concession item you can buy at retail to try out. Good call. See the customer response, see how well the product holds up, and see how they can be presented. If the test works, order them in bulk through your supplier.

I think most veteran theatre operators would agree that in hardtop theatres, the basics of corn, soda, candy and nachos (maybe hot dogs) are the core of any good snack bar. Unless you have tremendous volume, everything else will add little to the bottom line and the additional costs, time and equipment will drain away profits.

Plus, the bigger the menu, the longer the customer will take in line slowing down the whole process.

CGM

Re: White Castle Burgers? 11 Jul 2011 03:44 #36651

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
yes, steaming is the only way to cook these IMHO. We have tried in that way and they are good. BUT....the theater White Castle rep will steer you to Sam's of Costco unless you are buying large quantities. IMHO, the cost-sale price does not work.

Re: White Castle Burgers? 26 Jul 2011 02:03 #36729

• sharynf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello - I finally went back to the Brenden theater this afternoon. I went to try the WhiteCastle Burgers which they had for $4 (2 in a cello as mentioned); it looked like they microwaved them, but the bread was fine, not tuff like usual microwaved bread. (& I had a frozen lemonade, too another $3). I'd say depending on the weather (if it was winter and colder) or time of day ( went before getting eating lunch or dinner), they'd suffice; not quite as much filling (meat/cheese/grilled onions?) as I'd like, but the flavor's fine for me, anyway.

The last time I was there I had their "Kids Special" , also in a small 'shoebox type lid container, with soda, popcorn and a bag of M&M's for about $4; I actually like this more - it saves me time just to order a 'combo', and it'seasy to hold in my lap, & of course seats have 'drink holders'.. (where are those theaters with swingdown arm tables? I know of one in Palo Alto, wonder if it's still there).
aloha!

Re: White Castle Burgers? 03 Aug 2011 01:44 #36780

• crazybob
  • Junior Boarder
We sell char-broiled quarter pounders severed on a kaiser roll for 2.49.

Re: White Castle Burgers? 03 Aug 2011 02:48 #36783

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Add some cheese and onions and I am with you Crazybob!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crazybob

Re: White Castle Burgers? 12 Jan 2012 18:30 #37748

• movielover210
We sell White Castle burgers cooked in a special oven and they are our biggest seller...right up there with popcorn!

Re: White Castle Burgers? 19 Jan 2012 08:58 #37772

I think adding cheese and onions is a great idea.

Ready to assemble cabinets
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2012 09:00 by stanleygranger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction