Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: coffee and hot chocalate

coffee and hot chocalate 25 May 2011 21:59 #36200

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
For years we suffering with options that never satisfied: we wanted to give a good cup of coffee, of decaf, of tea, pecan almond flavored, hot chocolate... and we always did a bad job ... brewing individually or by the pot, delivering cups to seats: it never worked well for a long long time. And then we got the Keurig! It makes a cood fast cup of what you want: roast, dark roast, Irish Cream, decaf, even hot freakin choco! If you want to grind your own beans then buy the self fillable unit and you'll never look back.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 26 May 2011 03:25 #36212

• Elin TW
Mike wrote:
For years we suffering with options that never satisfied: we wanted to give a good cup of coffee, of decaf, of tea, pecan almond flavored, hot chocolate... and we always did a bad job ... brewing individually or by the pot, delivering cups to seats: it never worked well for a long long time. And then we got the Keurig! It makes a cood fast cup of what you want: roast, dark roast, Irish Cream, decaf, even hot freakin choco! If you want to grind your own beans then buy the self fillable unit and you'll never look back.

Same questions to you from another thread...
...what do you charge? what is the perception of the customers when you pop a 50 cent K-Cup into the machine in front of them and then charge them $4 (or whatever)

I struggle with this in my operation.

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 26 May 2011 03:31 #36215

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I think in Ceasors that 50 cent K-cup was going for about $10 in the room. $4 at the theatre would be a bargin.

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 26 May 2011 04:53 #36223

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
If we’re talking about Caesar’s Palace in Vegas, I don’t think our customers are comparing our prices to room coffee in Vegas. I wish we could get ten bucks for a 12 oz Coke!
AllenD

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 26 May 2011 13:17 #36227

• Mike
  • Administrator
We do not view the coffee as a profit center but more of a service to people who want a decent cup of coffee. I believe we charge 1.50 each for coffee tea hot choc.

I don't expect this would work everywhere: if your theatre is a strongly alternative art house the whole coffee experience would be expected to be different. But for most theatres it really is a great improvement and solution.

For myself my favorite theatre drink these days is coffee with a side of Goobers.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 26 May 2011 13:26 #36229

• AllenD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The argument can certainly be made that customers wanting a hot drink won’t buy a cold fountain beverage; so all hot drinks sold are extra income.
What happens when the hot drink customer slips and dumps a hot drink on another customer in a dark auditorium? [Yes, life has taught me to be paranoid!]

AllenD

Re: coffee and hot chocalate 27 May 2011 15:43 #36274

• Mike
  • Administrator
If you do not sell coffee, etc. it's hard to ask someone not to carry it in. In our theatres we do not get too heavy in the outside food/bevs dept. If someone is carrying a cup of coffee we do not do interventions. In cold weather many people simply want a hot drink. The aging audiences in particular are the least interested in large cold bevs.

As to: dumping a hot coffee? Wer've had hot drinks for 15 years without a lawsuit. That did not stop the lady from falling flat on her face for no apparent reason and suing us.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction