Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: POPCORN!

POPCORN! 15 Feb 2009 21:52 #30893

Hi all, I am new to the entire business, and new to the forum, though I have spent the last few weeks reading all of your very helpful discussions! I am buying a theatre in the Southeastern WI area and am determined to have the best tasting popcorn possible! Regardless of cost - let me know what your opinions are about oil, corn and butter. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:POPCORN! 16 Feb 2009 01:14 #30894

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I ONLY BUY PRE MEASURED POPCORN.EVERY BATCH ALWAYS TASTE THE SAME.More money but always taste the best....

Re:POPCORN! 16 Feb 2009 01:38 #30895

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I would think that everyone on this forum thinks they have the world's best tasting popcorn. I know, I do! There are a number of combinations of oil, salt flavorings, and toppings. They have been discussed here before.

My suggestion to you would be to experiment with different oils, flavorings, and toppings to determine what you and your patrons would like the best.

Re:POPCORN! 16 Feb 2009 19:28 #30898

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, just try different seed, oil, butter topping etc. Have a little tasting party for your friends/family/anybody, and get their honest opinion. FLAVACOL is a must. I worked for Marcus for years, Marcus is the big player in Wisconsin, so most popcorn tastes like theirs around this state. Butter/Butter topping can really make or break theatre popcorn too.

Re:POPCORN! 17 Feb 2009 10:38 #30901

• bob1007
  • Fresh Boarder
Also keep in mind that a person's taste is heightened by the aroma before they even see the popcorn. So choosing the right oil is essential. I remember when one major chain switched to a vegetable oil from coconut oil the aroma was somewhat off-putting to me and I could tell the difference.

Try to have the popper popping while the rush of people are coming in. In addition to the aroma, the sound of popcorn popping can attract patrons to your concession stand. Besides, the sound and smell of popcorn enhance the movie-going experience.

Oh yeah, and none of that popping it in a separate room like General Cinema used to do several years ago. None of that bagging the popcorn and storing it then bringing it out to put in the warmers. Popcorn needs to be popped at the concession stand.

Re:POPCORN! 17 Feb 2009 11:33 #30903

• Avco
  • Expert Boarder
There is nothing that starts the Movie Going Experience like walking into a lobby with the fresh smell of popcorn popping. You could buy the best corn and oil available, but remember to train you staff to do it the same way every time if it comes out great. One time I had a staff member who added extra oil to the popping corn and it came out fair, but he liked it that way.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction